Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

My mother in law claiming my wife's salary

Page no : 3

Reformist !!! (Other)     28 November 2013

Hi Ranee, 

I request you to pls quote such judgments where extra marital affair is termed as a DOWRY DEMAND. ALso, pls quote the judgment where DIL was thrown out and was convicted for 498a i.e DOWRY DEMAND.

Taking away wife's salary may come under economic abuse. But what would be the situation when wife does voluantry contribution and then fights DV based on lies ?? Do you think, is that justifiable ??

1 Like

Well Ranee, i am of the opinion that couple should be subjected to LIE DETECTION Test as a mandatory condition for these cases. I am fed up of the cooked stories. When i use to confront such unscruplous ladies, then they avoid  to answer my questions.......I have experienced this N number of times.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     28 November 2013

please this judgement.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Husbands-illicit-affair-is-Cruelty-u-s-498a-37589.asp

for the other judgements please study yourself in this site..I reda those in this forum only.

(Guest)

Counter to the high court judgement by SC:

This judgement by a bench of SC has declined to accept extra marital affair as Cruelty under 498a.

Read the full judgement here

https://judis.nic.in/supremecourt/imgs1. ... name=40742

I feel it is thoroughly injustice to the man in the judgement that Ranee posted. Judges are also confused huh!!!
How come his parents were charged and then acquitted by law. Convicted for illicit relationship and if a girl does the same then the husband can do nothing but watch. What a country!!!

Ranee....... (NA)     28 November 2013

I agree with you @ Stalker....I want adultery law to cover women too.Now a days some women are not Abla like when such law was enacted.It need to be amended.

One thing more Ranee, here the wife committed suicide. Dowry Demand definition says that the act of cruelty can only be considered u/s 498a if (c the below judgment from SC) and the one you have quoted has already been overruled by the Apex SC. But still i feel if it is a real act of illicit relation, he should be convicted for cruelty (though we do not have any other section for cruelty) but not for dowry demand.........

Bhajan Lal Bhatia & ors. Vs. Sarita Neelam

2005 Vol I HLR 59. Where evidence on record neither

disclosed that there was cruelty on part of the

accused which was of such a nature as was likely to

drive victim to commit suicide or cause grave injury

or danger to her life or limb or mental or physical

health nor showed that she was harassed by accused

with regard to any demand for additional dowry,

section 498-A could not be attracted in such

circumstances in Bomma Ilaiach Vs. State of U.P. ,

2003 Cri LJ 2439 (AP).

Leave a reply