LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PANDU (MANAGER)     26 August 2011

Marriage after divorce

my ex-wife filed criminal case under 498 against me and my family and subsequently i filed for divorce. Recently during march 2011 both of us under mutual consent taken divorce in court. In lokadalat i had paid amount towards permanent settlement to my wife and my son towards permanent settlement. Even i had agreed to pay the premiums of insurance policy of my son till maturity. But my ex-wife taken the name of my girlfriend in the case and now i want to marry my girlfriend. As iam a government employ i am scared about our future. Whether my ex-wife can file any case against us in future.


 3 Replies

mamta kaura wadehra (lawyer)     26 August 2011

she is no more your wife.she can not file any suit against you except maintenance till she remarry.but as far as marrying you with your girlfriend is concerned she cant do anything.go ahead

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     26 August 2011

I am agree with the opinion of my Ld. Mamta Kaura but i would like to make her correct in second line that if the wife has got mutual divorce and the permanent alimony she can not file the suit for maintenence. Because she has got a lumpsum amount for her manitenece and she can not claim it again in future.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     26 August 2011

Pertaining to the criminal case that is left to the procedures of the criminal court. Beyond that there shall not be any case fro your ex-wife to file against you in the future. As you have made an earlier settlement through the lok adalat you need not worry beacuse , the order of the lok adalat have the power of a decree in the civil suit. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register