Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suchitra (consultant)     02 May 2013

Need to divorce my wife

Hello Experts...need your advice..

My brother's marriage is not successful. It is now 5+ years of marriage but they are not staying together after 1.5 years of their marriage. Since then they have not been in touch and shown no interest to reunite. They don't want to be together is solely their decision..might be due to differences in their nature. Both of them are independent and working.

When and what is the best way for their separation without any problems?

Learning

7 Replies

raj (adv)     02 May 2013

By way of mutual consent they can get divorce.

chitrarasu (advocate)     02 May 2013

He want divorse file a HMOP in family court. She want maintanance and our chid he must pay. otherwise both are mutualy divorse without demand easy to divorse  

(Guest)

Divorce based on desertion.

RCR would be the first move.

RCR will fail as she is not ready to cohabit for last 1.5 years and it will remain so.

Then as it is proved that wife does not want to cohabit it amounts to desertion.

Divorce will be granted.

But its not easy as read.

Advocate Nitya Bansal (Partner)     02 May 2013

Send a politely worded notice through a local advocate on behalf of your brother to your brother's wife- stating all the facts you've stated here. Give her opportunity to settle terms of mutual consent divorce with your brother. Since both do not wish to continue with the marriage, it is likely that she will not insist on maintenance, etc. Even if she insists you can mutually settle a reasonable figure and get done with a divorce by mutual consent.

Just incase she doesnt respond to the notice from your advocate, you could take the approach suggested by 'Helping Hand' regarding moving a petition for restitution of conjugal rights and so on.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 May 2013

1. Ask your brother if he wants divorce first of all?
2. If he says yes then ask him to find a neutral person whom he thinks his wife may speak to.
3. The message the neutral person should convey is for mutual consent divorce of parties. 

Amit Gupta (Legal Executive)     16 April 2014

First of all ask both of them.. what they want... if both are ready to get divorce by mutual consent then it's fine... if not... then file Section 9 application to get your bhabhi back to your home and if she denies in the Court then straight forward file a Divorce Petition... I hope it will help you...

Deenupriya (--)     10 August 2014

My Lawyer is the best Lawyer for matrimonial Dispute and you have the same. Her name is Adv SOPHIYA( 9818183434) talk to her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More