LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth Kulkarni (Software professional)     07 August 2011

Maintenance

Husband earning 1.25 lacs per month after tax deductions and wife is earing 30 k per month after deduction. We have a 7 year old daughter. Husband is paying 8500/- per month towards a education policy for the child which would ensure that the kid gets 18.5 lacs for her education. This 18.5 lacs will be disbured in certain predefined periods between 15 and 21 years of the kid's age. The kid would receive 20 lacs as a accumulated bonus when she is 21. Wife is seeking 25 k maintenance for the kid and 35k for herself. how is the maintenance calculated and what would be approximate quantum that would be awarded?

Learning

1 Replies

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     07 August 2011

@Owner: There is no fix formula to calculate quantum of maitenance. Since your case is very similar to mine so as per the calculation used by judge  in my case your maitenace could be anywhere between 10-15k/month..

Normally it is 1/3rd of your salary however since your wife is working she will not get any maitenance if you pursue your case properly. Show all your expenses to court including what you are currently spending on your wife/ kid, parents, siblings, loans, etc..

In my case I too use to pay for my kids policy and I convinced judge to consider it towards my contribution to maitenance. You have to be logical and rationale when the argument happens.

Rest all depends on the judge buddy...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register