LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chilla   20 April 2016

Legal heir certificate

Hi my father bought a house in chennai in 1977 and when he acquired second property he did not get approval to own second property by his company/loan sanction. Hence he registered sale deed on his mother in law.he also got a letter from his mother in law stating him ie my father and mother (only daughter) have the right over the property . We wanted to sell the house now. My grandmother is no more and my mother is the only daughter to get mother. All the electricity bills etc are still on my fathers name please advise if buyer will pose any issue at the time of selling house

Learning

2 Replies

ranjan kumar (Advocate)     20 April 2016

move an application in the office of local S.D.M. seeking a successin certificate. it will solve all your problem.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 April 2016

Inquire about the process of inheritance from the authority under whos ejurisdiction property in question falls.

It is not clear whether the said letter shall be as good as WILL?

Death certificate and legal heir certificate is usually required. At your location the revenue officer e.g Patwari may opine that Legal Heir affidvait may suffice.

However succesion certificate puts all speculations to end.

Rest you may show all docs on record to an able counsel specialzing in family/revenue/property/civil matters for a considered opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register