Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudharshan   09 January 2018

Landlord not paying outstanding electricity bills

Hi to all,

I have rented a small office in Thane, India. Where my Lease agreement starts from 20-Sept-2017. My lease agreement is excluding electricty bills hence I am bound to pay the electrcity bills. After occupying the premises, A month later I found that electricity bill was last paid on 18-Feb-2017. Since then there is not payment made. There has been an outstanding dues which has to be paid by the landlord since last payment amounting to 1720. I have intimated to the landlord to clear the dues but he said will do it, but has not paid until today. Since I have taken the 11 month lease paying rent for 11 months in advance I cannot deduct the outstanding dues from the monthly rent. Also that since bills are unpaid I am unable to show the electricity expense as my company expenses. 

Please advice on how to take up this issue if the landlord delays further and electricty is disconnected by the electricty department. I do not want my office to run out of electricity all of a sudden.

Thanks

Sudharshan N

Learning

2 Replies

manoj   09 January 2018

Give a notice to your landlord informing that there is some due to electricity department when you are delivering possession. So inform the amount should be paid by landlord within one week, but you done a mistake that you paid 11 months rent in advcance, so peruse your terms and conditions in the lease agreement. there is any clause that electricity charges should be paid by landlord or tenant. only giving of notice to landlord no other solution to you and also if you want to vacate the premises after 11 months you continue for one more month and deduct your electricty charges and pay balance rental month to the landlord.

V E MANOJ KUMAR  M.B.A.,L.LB.,

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 86 86 15 92 92

SANJEEV PATEL   09 January 2018

Hi,

I have purchased one Flat in Patna, i have agreement paper which i did with builder in 2011 in Patna registry office,  i have given 85 % payment to builder in 2015 and builder not completed the building but  it almost 90 % complet , But i entered in flat , since last one year i am living in my flat, electric bill coming in  my name. Now builder not asked for payment and not complete the building.After several reminder . Now how i do full registry  of flat in my name.

Pl suggest.

Thanks

MANOJ KUMAR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register