Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar (Manager)     19 July 2011

Is this true? Please Advise

Dear LCI memebers,

This question is related to bail bonds of 498 A case. Request to Please advise me on this.

I've paid an amount of Rs 60,000/- for bail bonds in Lowest court ( First Class Magistrate Court). The Magistrate convicted me ( 1 year imprisonment  and 5000/- fine) . I paid the fine and immediately I filed appeal in the Higher court i.e. Distrct Court ( Sessions Court) against the conviction.

The Additional District and Sessions Judge has acquitted me saying that the 498-A case is false and he has set aside the judgement of the Magistrate and ordered to re-fund the fine amount of Rs 5000/-

While taking the bail bonds in the lowest court for Surities my Lawyer has arranged 2 persons whom he knows.

My Lawyer told me multiple times that I will get back my Bail bonds amount which was deposited in Bank after my acquittal from 498-A case.

The District Court Judge acquitted me on 01-APR-2011 and my lawyer told that I have to wait for 3 months ( Appeal Period) to get back my bail bonds money and fine amount. So he asked me to wait until 01-JUL-2011.

But now when I called him he is saying that the appeal perion from District Court to High Court is increased recently from 3 months to 6 months. and now I have to wait until 01-OCT-2011 to get back my money and fine amount.

Is this true?? is there any GO which has been passed recently to increase the Appeal period to HIGH COURT to 6 months?

My Lawyer has already taken Lot of money from me for these cases and now it looks like he is also planning to munch the bail bonds money also.

Please advise what can I do to get back my money.

Thanks in advance

Vijay

Learning

1 Replies

Ms Liberal (others)     19 July 2011

Its good tyo heard that you have not been victim of 498A

Appeal time is still 3 months

There are certain conduct rules which the lawyer has to be bound as per Advocate aact-61 and BCI Rules

tell him politelly and also show your intentions for appropriate redressal if not going to be work

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register