LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mansi gaba   05 June 2021

Is law degree from CCSU worth it?

I am pursuing my LL.B from a private college affiliated to CCS university. I am gonna be a first generation lawyer and before joining law school, I was quiet unaware of the the law schools hierachy that exist and didn't know that CCSU enjoys such a bad reputation in the market.

It worries me a lot that my credibility and potential will be discredited in the job market because of the university tag. I really have worked hard in this 3 years of my law school.

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 June 2021

Verify authenticity of the college from CCS University records and/ or other (previous and present) students pursuing LL.B. from the institution.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     06 June 2021

whether the University is recognized by the Bar Council of India. check in the Bar counsel of India portal

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 June 2021

If the college is recognized by University/ UGC/BCI  the institution you have studied rarely matters.  I am aware of most competent advocates that obtained such law degree from institutions that are not highly reputed and treated as small institutions.  A person can improve himself by acquiring knowledge and guidance if there is an attitude to excel in his field and most successful candidates including CJI obtained their degrees from remotely located new colleges initially.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2021

If the university is recognised by UGC, then the degree issued by the university is very much valid.

Therefore the bar council of India will not have any problem to recognise this degree  and may not reject the application for enrolment as an advocate if everything is proper and you satisfy the conditions meant for enrolment.

VIPIN RANA (ADVOCATE)     07 June 2021

CCS University, Meerut is govt University in western Uttar Pradesh.  Therefore, no worry about the University.  However,  you must have definitely check out about the veracity/affiliation of college.  

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 June 2021

I agree with the advise of experts.

Chaudhry Charan Singh University Meerut is an old (since 1965) and renowned University, which is recognised by UGC as well as BCI and there is no problem / issue /dispute with the LL.B. degree awarded  by CCS University.

However, my point was qua the credibility,veracity and authenticity of the private college (not CCSU) through which the author is pursing her studies in Law .

Sudesh Kumari (Advocate)     16 June 2021

Chaudhry Charan Singh University Meerut is an old and well known University, which is recognised by both UGC and BCI and the degree is valid as other university degrees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register