Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh kumar Orchu (student)     11 May 2023

Is bank is only responsible for transactions and not for basic needs of their customers.

Greetings for the day,

sir,

on particular work i went to Bank. Due to some technical problem my work was delay for the period of 5 hours,
while in the process i need to utilize the Wash Rooms. but bank staff not permitted me to utilize and I'm not finding any Wash rooms for clients in the premises of bank. 

Here my questions are.
 1. is bank is only Responsible for transactions and not for basic needs of their customers ?
 2. does this influence on Swatch Bharath schemes ?

Learning

9 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2023

The amenties available witin the bank is exclusively meant for the bank staff and not for the general public. 

The customers cannot claim to use the wash roomssituated inside the banks  as a right.

Don't bring politics inside this by using the term called 'Swatch Bharath' , can you allow a third party to use the wash room in your house ?

Mahesh kumar Orchu (student)     11 May 2023

sir, 

Govt providing the Resources like Railways,Bankings Etc. for the welfare to public, while in the processes of Making this new challenges will rise, govt have to face the challenges.

Ex. in initial stages of Swatch Bharath scheme one person rised the point that "Railway Boggis not having the Dust bins". govt condered this and provided dust bins in Every Boggi.

comming to main case.
1.utilising the wash rooms is unpredictable nature, and why banks are not provideing wash rooms for their clients even in their  premises. 

comming to your prespective.

1.if cusotmers are third party, then who are the first party and second party.

2. why you are comparing banks to Homes. is the Banks and Homes are comming under same  service provider catogery.

Here my Answer to your Question.
 1. sir, if am a service provider then definately i allow to uitilise the washrooms to my Guest and clients. 

Thanks for your Response sir.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2023

file case in consumer court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2023

You are at your liberty to approach appropriate legal forum to get your grievances redressed if at all you are aggrieved over the government policy in this regard.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 May 2023

Banks generally do not provide facilities like wash room to its customers. This is so not only in India, but in most other countries. This may be so because generally most customers have to spend only a few minutes in the bank. Of course banks will be having wash-rooms for their own staff, who have remain the whole day in the bank. Should banks provide wash-rooms to its customers. It is a policy decision. One way to test answer to the question is to go to the cunsumer court.

When the bank staff did not allow you to use the wash room, how did you manage? Did you abruptly abandon the work in the Bank and rush out causing some loss to you?  Or did somthing else happen?

Niharika Lohan   17 May 2023

Hi Mahesh.

Providing washroom to the customers isn't a part of providing service. It is hospitality. It's like the least thing you can do to help a human being. But still many branch managers don't provide it by putting some notices like only for staff members, possibly to keep the secrecy and privacy of their instiution. If they deny such civil services, then the best thing you can do is shoot a mail to the CEO of the bank and other top officials regarding your greviance. Many banks provide the email id of the top management just to ensure that customers complaint doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Additioally,

Department of Financial Services (DFS) Secretary Rajiv Kumar said in a tweet regarding the same issue.

"All branches of PSBs/Insurance Co. to provide access to clean toilets for customers; Also dedicate CSR funds to @swachhbharat in FY 18-19,"

Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014, the Swachh Bharat Mission is a massive movement that seeks to create a Clean India. Banks are Public Utility Services and are governed under Swatch Bharat Abhiyaan.

Here is an article link for your convenience, hope you find the information useful and for further query you can contact me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/banking/finance/banking/psbs-asked-to-provide-customers-clean-toilets-at-branches/articleshow/62340027.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Mahesh kumar Orchu (student)     18 May 2023

Niharika madam,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for the exceptional Research and analysis skills that you displayed in your reply in " is bank is only responsible for transactions and not for basic needs of their customers  ". The level of professionalism, dedication, and attention to detail exhibited throughout our interaction has been truly exceptional, and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and commend your efforts.
Your commitment to providing exceptional service sets a shining example in your industry. Your dedication to going the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction is a testament to your professionalism and integrity. Your service has not only met but exceeded my expectations, leaving me thoroughly impressed and satisfied.  thank you madam.

with best Regards
O.MAHESH KUMAR.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 May 2023

The querist can be tried.  tommorrow bank can say that thye will nto provide drinkig water.  

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 June 2023

Sudhir Kumar Advocate:

"tommorrow bank can say that thye will nto provide drinkig water.

Today are banks providing drinking water?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register