IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumalatha   10 April 2015

Is a police job can be transferable to son

Good evening ,

A person is serving as a Armed Reserve police in Sub-inspector rank , he is of age 55 and he got paralysed

His paralysis was not curable, he is having two children a daughter ( age 30 and got married) and a son (age 33 qualification M.Sc and  working in a private company .

Is ther e any chance that the job of the paralysed father be transferred to son ?

If the son is accused in criminal case like 498 ( a ) , does he eligible for getting government job?


Please give your valuble suggestions 


 6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2015

No Govt job is transferable as inheritance.


However, in case of death/invalidment of employee the dependent can be considered for compassionate appointment and there is no guarantee of his appointment because such appointments are :-

  1. for Gp-C&D posts only.
  2. out of 5% of the Direct recruitment quota in Gp-C&D posts.
  3. this 5% is further divided amongst SC/ST/OBC/Gen.
  4. the candidates are placed in order of merit as per indignance or the family without any regard to date of death.
  5. job so offered is without any reference to the qualification of the candidate.
  6. at times job offered is too menial and the candidate at times due to higher qualification or sometimes due to being of higher cast status ()or due to some other relevant/irralevent factor) do no join.  In such case the offer is closed and no other alternative job is offered.


Now coming to second question.  candidate accused of criminal case will not be entitled to join any post. 


Further in 498a generally whole family is accsued, whther pralysed employee is also accused?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2015




Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2015

further as the son is already employed there is absolutely no scope of his being considered for compassionate job.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 April 2015

Transfer of Jobs is opposed to public policy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2015

No such transfer can be claimed as a right.  The father may approach his office with an application on grounds of his health opting VRS and seeking an employment in lieu for his son on compassionate grounds, it will depend on the discretion of the competent authority to decide.

1 Like

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     31 August 2020

As the son is.married.and living separately, the daughter can apply compassionate appointment on the ground of medical invalidation of fater.It is permissible. Contact authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query