LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rekha (xyz)     19 April 2011

International Lawyers / Advocates


Please let me know whether there is an option of international lawyers / Advocates available so that someone who is residing in other country want to file a case in India with the help of the international Lawyer's guidance.

Thank you.


 10 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 April 2011

Yes, there are International Lawyers in diferent discipline like E-commerce, Environmental laws, Agri Terrorist, Conflicts of Laws and Human rights etc etc, depending on your case. Better contact Indian Society of International laws, V.K.Krishna Menon Bhawan, 9 Bhagwan das Road, New Delhi. It is located just next to Supreme Court. You will get all the necessary information from eminent persons in International law.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 April 2011

which type of case and where he wants to file?

rekha (xyz)     20 April 2011

Thank you very much Assumi and Rajeev for replying my query.
I dont know which type of case it is but right now I am in Singapore and I want to file a case from Singapore. Do we also have Society of International laws in Singapore so that I can file a case from here.

I was in relationship with my boyfriend for around 6years. I asked him to inform his parents about our relationship so that we can tie the knot. He kept on giving some or the other excuses and kept on postponing about discussing our relationship with his parents. During all these discussions I got to know from one of his mails which he chated with his friend that he got engaged to some other girl. This happened when I was in US. This was a big shock to me. He never informed about this to me at any point of time and parallelly he was discussion abt our marraige with me. When I asked what about my future he said he is not responsible for that. I waited for him for 6yrs and finally he ditched me. I have all the proofs of emails and photos with me.
Now I want to file a case against him. But I am not sure how can I do this as he is staying in India and I am in Singapore now. Please advise.

Thank you

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 April 2011

As mentioned, just write to the President or the Secretary General of the Society, they will give you all the necessary informations, as they possess whale of informations on the subjects. E-mail:: isil@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     20 April 2011

if you want to restore your maggiage life then file restoretion of conjugal rights case,

if want to seperetion then divorce pitition is better reemedy!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 April 2011

thanks mr assumi for givig the valuable information - which i did not know.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 April 2011

ms rekha,

if you have the proper address of the boy;

if you have the clear proof of promise to marriage by him and thereafter exploit you physically;

then by local adv also you may place your claim or compensation.

otherwise try as adv assumi says.

i am sure it will be heared by the court. indian courts are strict on the matter. 

rekha (xyz)     21 April 2011

Thank you very much everyone for the valuable suggestions.

Assumi, I am very happy to know that there are international lawyers available. I have sent the mail to isil@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in, just waiting for their reply.

Arup, now I gained my confidence back after reading that Indian courts are strict on this matter.

Sir, May I know what would be the approximate fee structure for these type of cases?

  1. Advocate fee if I file from India
  2. Advocate fee if I file from Singapore

Thank you.

Harsh (Advocate)     22 April 2011

I would be able to assist in your case. 
You can further contact me on harshmparekh@gmail.com
I am a practicing lawyer.
You can contact me on 9971780620. 
Harsh Parekh

Ranjana khatri (housewife)     15 June 2014

Hi rekha, Did u ever hear from the international lawyer society ? I would like to talk to them too

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register