LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Do husband has to pay the expenses for wife's lawyers also?

I filed for Divorce case and hoping my wife will file 125,dv,498a etc.

1) Can my wife ask the fees( I think litigation charges) from me for divorce case ( as divorce is filed by me)?

2) Can she ask same for DV,498a (Those will be started by her)?


 6 Replies

dhirendra pateria (law officer)     01 June 2012

yes she can file application under section 24 for legal expense but only for section 13 not for any other case

Rahul Arjaria (Law Student)     01 June 2012

Direndra Sir,

I have filled a case under Sec 12 (1) (1-C) and my wife has filled Sec 24 asking for Interim Maintenance and Lawyer Expenses. Is she entitled for the same? If not can you please help me with the supporting judgements or commentry.

Thanks in advance

dhirendra pateria (law officer)     02 June 2012


dhirendra pateria (law officer)     02 June 2012

also these are  delaying tacticts 

Sree (na)     02 June 2012

YES.  But you may avoid if you can show that she is got good source of income/ property for her maintainance...............

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2012

Yes, wives can file Section 24, there are delay tactics for Sec 24, bit that would delay your divorce/ annulment case only.


Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query