Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuj (officer)     25 September 2013

I am guilty, need help

Dear Sir,

My self Anuj & I am from Maharashtra.

My wife is going to complaint against me under section 498a.

What I can do to free from this.

Actually, I was married in Feb 2013, this is my second marriage.

1) I hide this truth from my in laws and my wife, but one month before some one send a letter to my in laws house.

2) My brother in law asked me before 10 days of marriage about my divorce because some one tell him, but that time I denied all the things. (My conversation was recorded in his cell phone).

3) My first marriage was on 2007 and I got divorced in 2012.

4) In between I had affair and I was in contact with that girl till feb 2013.

5) My wife and her family members investigate all the matter, and met with my ex wife & girl friend, ( they recorded all the conversation)

6) on Sunday 22 sep, they called me with my parents to settle down this matter in both family meeting, they asked me write down "SAMZOUTA PATRA" on stamp paper.

7) That time I refused to sign on that stamp paper.

8) Till today they don't call me or contacted with me.

I want your suggestion how to manage all the things, if they file complaint against me under section498a.

Please reply me fast because I m in very big trouble.

Learning

20 Replies

(Guest)

I could not understand the brief. Please calm down and write down the events again in proper format.

You are not guilty until it comes from a competent court.

Dear Sir, My self Anuj & I am from Maharashtra. My wife is going to complaint against me under section 498a. What I can do to free from this. Actually, I was married in Feb 2013, this is my second marriage. 1) I hide this truth from my in laws and my wife, but one month before some one send a letter to my in laws house. 2) My brother in law asked me before 10 days of marriage about my divorce because some one tell him, but that time I denied all the things. (My conversation was recorded in his cell phone). 3) My first marriage was on 2007 and I got divorced in 2012. 4) In between I had affair and I was in contact with that girl till feb 2013. 5) My wife and her family members investigate all the matter, and met with my ex wife & girl friend, ( they recorded all the conversation) 6) on Sunday 22 sep, they called me with my parents to settle down this matter in both family meeting, they asked me write down "SAMZOUTA PATRA" on stamp paper. 7) That time I refused to sign on that stamp paper. 8) Till today they don't call me or contacted with me. I want your suggestion how to manage all the things, if they file complaint against me under section 498a. Please reply me fast because I m in very big trouble.

Mango (Consultant)     25 September 2013

Anuj @ Your in-laws cannot charge you with 498a section for hiding the truth. 498a is related to dowry, which is completely different from fraud. As it seems to me that you would not have asked for dowry so you don't have to worry about this. However, your in-laws can prove that consent of in-laws have been obtained by fraud and so the marriage could be annulled by a decree of nullity.

Apart from this, I could not able to find any legal section which deals with this crime.

Mango

Sir, I agree but my fear is if she files a case under 498a, or 420 case, what should I do. Because after marriage in past 6 months my behavior was not good to her, because I am very short tempered. I don't sign stamp paper in mutual meeting also. pls clear with some legal advice

Manoj Kumar Jain (abc)     25 September 2013

498A is related to dowry demand only. But , In fraud case the allegations must be proved. If any strong evidence against you it might be trouble you. 

Jain Sir, I know but my fear is if she said in her complaint related to dowry and till end she stands on her complaint what is result..? They have strong evidence regarding my fraud because they have my telephonic conversation recording, there I denied about my first marriage. They met with my ex wife & girlfriend also and meeting conversation also recorded. I hear from sources that her family planning to file case under 498a & 420 against me and my family. What is the best way to free from all this things..?

Varun Desai (Advocate)     25 September 2013

You may be booked case under 498a & 420 as these are meant for protecting women from harassment and your case also comes under definition of mental harassment... chances are very less to escape if they file complaint under these sections........

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     25 September 2013

You are a dirty rotten scoundrel. Men like you get the legislature to enact laws which are then used against innocent men. 

Go to your wife and to the police. Admit all your crimes, frauds, etc. Pay the price, in terms of jail, monetary compensation to all you have pained. If they see you are genuinely repentant, they may even forgive you. But based upon your queries, I am not too sure that you are regretting your deeds. You are only concerned that you were caught in the act. If you have your way around, you will cheat more women. Take a different approach.  Clean the dirt  in your soul. Wash it clean. Spend some time in jail.  I hope that you get repeatedly raped by some ugly homo in jail. What you have done to your wife is no different, possibly even worse, Then after spending a year in jail which is the least you deserve, restart a new life. 

All the advise you are going to get here is not going to help. You are caught red-handed. Don't think that you can continue to fool your in-laws any more. Any advocate trying to guide you or have you retain his/her services must be desperately in need of a client. 

Samir sir, I admit my mistake they gave me chance to settle down in both families mutual meeting, but that time I refuse to sign stamp paper. Now till today they don't call me what should I do pls help me. I read in 498a web site that if some one file false 498a case that will help victim to do counter attack on opposite side under defamation case & other case. because I don't demand anything from my in laws.

(Guest)

Your case doesn't come under 498a but it comes under cheating/fraud and they may file for nullity and a 420 case. If they file for 498a dowry harassment case, that would be a false case and that you need to get it quashed as per the merits in the case.

Neway you have to fight all your cases on their merits. Go find a competent criminal lawyer who can get you bail. You marriage as of now is very much valid and you should file RCR to get your wife back.

You cheating your brother-in-law should not matter much because you could always say that you informed your wife about your past life. They cannot prove that. Your lawyer will take care of all these things if it really goes to trail. Till that time you have to face the music. Meanwhile press for RCR, that's the only thing you can do.

If possible talk to your wife, apologize her and tell her that you will provide her the best life and take care of her well.

Can you provide details about your first divorce? was it an MCD?

Thank you sir for suggestion, What is mean by RCR, she is now at her parents home from 1.5 months.., in between I met her 3 times. Sir they have phone recording, where I deny about my past. I hide this from my wife also. Sir, my first marriage is love marriage, she is 8 yrs older than me, after feeling that I did wrong, I take MCD from her, I paid her some amount for MCD. Can I pay this time also and get free from all this things..?

(Guest)

RCR means you asking your wife to come back to you. whatever phone recording they have, it wont work in criminal proceedings, you can always say that you were drunk and you lied to them. You can say that you have informed to your wife/in-laws and so on...

What is more important is what your wife wants, does she want it annulled then you have to prolong the case as much as you can. If they want divorce, give it away. If they want money then get it to a minimum and make sure your ass is safe. AND if she wants you, then peace no case, no issue, keep your temper in control and take good care of her.

If she doesn't want to live with you, then press for MCD. Let your criminal lawyer talk, once she understands that she will be a divorcee then she would get back to you. It all takes time and if you can stay strong then you will be out of the mess.

Findout what she wants? In law there is no scope for revenge. If she wants to pursue revenge then she has to waste X number of years in courts, that wont serve her purpose. So be strong and ask what she wants, give that and get your peace back.  Talk to her!!!

great india (manager)     25 September 2013

1.this time it will be difficult what you did the previous way. 2. I can sense you soon would be appearing in dv case with a 498 and 420 if you don't control your so called short temperament. 3. Read samirs advice in a genuine way.it will help you. 4. If not soon you would start facing music. 5. Judge's not much happy with 2nd marriage husband cases. You along wuth that would have a 420 and 498 if unluvky.... So beware.... 6.start behaving yourself... Read samirs advuce 9 times without getting angry.....

rising up again (FFF)     26 September 2013

anuj,

read stalkers advices .he is right... u just to prepare for 420. 498a is obviously to be faced. make ur own story to come out of this mess. you have done wrong in the past and i know..as u are in a fix,...u trying for ways out. you have few options...

1. sit wid your wife and famiy and say a sorry. say... u have realized ur mistakes etc etc...and now want to be a good man...so, last warning to be given to u. then lead a good life, if they agree... DO NOT continue what u have been doing...in the past.

2. if they do not agree in the meeting, then pay them the damages. ask them for a Mutual divorce and the amount of money...to settle this.. they might ask u the moon, u stars from a bear minimum amount...then settle at a reasonable figure. even if its higher for u...u really do not have options. but in this case, u are out of all legal troubles. just accept, u buying ur freedom and future. As u admit that u are a defaulter, sell ur house, take loans,,,but pay them their demands and save urself..

3. if nothing happens, then be ready for the legal battle which might go for years...and you may end up in jail or pay high amounts too. it all depends on the evidences theyhave...against u... hie the best lawyer, and collect evidences against her. then these might atleast help u save ur ass a bit... u decide, what best suits u !!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register