LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjana Jha   01 July 2023

Husband getting violent for lack of intimacy

Myself Sanjana Jha 43 yrs old from Faridabad Delhi. I have been going through a difficult time in my life. 
I have been married for the last 18 yrs and have a 16 year old son in class XII.My husband is in a well paying job in the construction sector. I am working as a HR in company in Faridabad
Of late say since March 2023 I have due to reasons unknown to me I have refrained from having any intimate relationship with my husband. I am no other type of relationship with any one whatsoever.

Even though I have conveyed this to my husband many times he has not understood that I am not interested in a intimate relationship with him as of now. However in Mar 23 he forced himself (including physical assault) on me for a couple of days and I as a ideal house wife took this abuse as I thought that it would be a one off event.

As I was mentally and physically scarred I refrained from talking to him for a while although I have been living in the same house. My primary concern is that my son's class XII boards are not affected and some how better sense prevail on him.
However my husband has not improved and has become more demanding to be physical especially in the middle of the night.
He starts assaulting me when I resist and has once slapped me so hard that I have chipped a part of my tooth. He also starts screaming, crying and breaking things.
The neighbors have also come and I have told them that we were watching a movie as I don't want us to have a bad reputation in the neighborhood.
I have tried to shield my son from all this unpleasantness but being a teenage her understands that there is something wrong in his parents relationship.
One night he even threatened me to get out of the house at midnight even though the house in our joint names.
I want him to understand that I am not an object and getting intimate is a choice not a compulsion. I want him to respect the marriage. What can I do to explain him as I have talked to him multiple times but it ends in an argument.
Please advice what legal remedies I should take first to protect myself and somehow save this marriage.


Sanjana Jha



 2 Replies

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     01 July 2023

Consult doctor first for behavior studies thereafter go for legal services as it is medical illness which can be cured initially at nascent level.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2023

He needs to be counselled properly by a psychologist or a psychiatrist and he has to under proper care and treatment as the medico suggests.

If he is reluctant to consult a psychologist or a psychiatrist then for your safety you have to live separately away from him until he becomes alright.

Living separately does not mean that you have to divorce him, even without that also you can remain away from him in order to protect yourself from his physical assaults. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More