Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Temptest (Self)     16 February 2018

How to stay away from wife.. legally?

Hello experts, 

Husband and wife married for 8 years and having a kid of 7 years old. Wife was behaving rude and disrespects the elders at home. Wife would pick up fights on silly matters and abuse husband and his mother. Husband found that she was having some psychological problem. He felt that a psychological counselling would help her. But she refused  and threatends husband with false cases. 

During these 8 years, husband's life was a hell and now he could not take it further. Her parents are manipulating her using her psychological disorder. She is not even capable of ascertaing what she is doing. 

All these years, Husband explored all other ways like seeking help of elders from both sides. Everytime  when there was a meeting, she misbehaved in the meeting itself. The elders found that she would not mend her ways as her parents are blindly supporting her madness. They have advised the husband to take his own decision whether to live with her or not. Now, the only way is to approach the matter legally. Therefore, I would like to have your suggestions/ opinion on the following:

1) Is there a legal way to make her to agree for a psychological counselling while staying with her? In case, there is no way, then..

2) How to stay away from her? If she approaches the police,  what are the reasons I should state to convince the police? What precautions should I take? please advise.

Thank you

Learning

8 Replies

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     16 February 2018

File an application u/s 12 of Family Court Act to appoint expert for counseling of wife.

vinay_2431 (engineer)     17 February 2018

Record All the Activity  and the behaviour she is showing and with the proof's go to adults and present all that data to the adults  [Both sides], and may to local police station or panchayat

No one can deny Facts, Fake cases will not survive.

Vinay,

Temptest (Self)     17 February 2018

Is it possible to file under this section without any other case? 

Originally posted by : vinay_2431
Record All the Activity  and the behaviour she is showing and with the proof's go to adults and present all that data to the adults  [Both sides], and may to local police station or panchayat

No one can deny Facts, Fake cases will not survive.

Vinay,

I dont want to go to police station, as my in-laws have contacts with them. I want to go for counselling through court. Some lawyers suggested that i should approach this way. 

Originally posted by : Adv Kamakshi (Nellore)

Originally posted by : Temptest

Hello experts, 

Husband and wife married for 8 years and having a kid of 7 years old. Wife was behaving rude and disrespects the elders at home. Wife would pick up fights on silly matters and abuse husband and his mother. Husband found that she was having some psychological problem. He felt that a psychological counselling would help her. But she refused  and threatends husband with false cases. 

During these 8 years, husband's life was a hell and now he could not take it further. Her parents are manipulating her using her psychological disorder. She is not even capable of ascertaing what she is doing. 

All these years, Husband explored all other ways like seeking help of elders from both sides. Everytime  when there was a meeting, she misbehaved in the meeting itself. The elders found that she would not mend her ways as her parents are blindly supporting her madness. They have advised the husband to take his own decision whether to live with her or not. Now, the only way is to approach the matter legally. Therefore, I would like to have your suggestions/ opinion on the following:

1) Is there a legal way to make her to agree for a psychological counselling while staying with her? In case, there is no way, then..

2) How to stay away from her? If she approaches the police,  what are the reasons I should state to convince the police? What precautions should I take? please advise.

Thank you

What are you? Spiderman?

I do not really understand what do you mean by your words. I am not that much intelligent otherwise i would have not landed here for experts advice. 

If you are a lawyer and want to genuinely advise, please let me know whether I can directly approach the court to arrange for a psychological counselling for my wife. 

If it is possible, what are the pros and cons.  Thank you

Temptest (Self)     18 February 2018

Hello experts, 

Thank you

What are you? Spiderman?

I do not really understand what do you mean by your words. I am not that much intelligent otherwise i would have not landed here for experts advice. 

If you are a lawyer and want to genuinely advise, please let me know whether I can directly approach the court to arrange for a psychological counselling for my wife. 

Maybe you did not hear this story. I heard this story when I was a child. A spider never gives up.

HUNDREDS of years ago there was a king of Scotland and his name was Robert the Bruce. It was a good thing that he was both brave and wise, because the times in which he lived were wild and dangerous. The King of England was at war with him, and had led a great army into Scotland to drive him out of the land and to make Scotland a part of England. Battle after battle he had fought with England. Six times Robert the Bruce had led his brave little army against his foes. Six times his men had been beaten, until finally they were driven into flight. At last the army of Scotland was entirely scattered, and the king was forced to hide in the woods and in lonely places among the mountains. One rainy day, Robert the Bruce lay in a cave, listening to the rainfall outside the cave entrance. He was tired and felt sick at heart, ready to give up all hope. It seemed to him that there was no use for him to try to do anything more. As he lay thinking, he noticed a spider over his head, getting ready to weave her web. He watched her as she worked slowly and with great care. Six times she tried to throw her thread from one edge of the cave wall to another. Six times her thread fell short.”Poor thing!” said Robert the Bruce. “You, too, know what it’s like to fail six times in a row.”But the spider did not lose hope. With still more care, she made ready to try for a seventh time. Robert the Bruce almost forgot his own troubles as he watched, fascinated. She swung herself out upon the slender line. Would she fail again? No! The thread was carried safely to the cave wall, and fastened there.”Yes!” cried Bruce, “I, too, will try a seventh time!” So he arose and called his men together. He told them of his plans, and sent them out with hopeful messages to cheer the discouraged people. Soon there was an army of brave men around him. A seventh battle was fought, and this time the King of England was forced to retreat back to his own country. It wasn’t long before England recognized Scotland as an independent country with Robert the Bruce as its rightful king. And to this very day, the victory and independence of Scotland is traced to a spider that kept trying again and again to spin her web in a cave and inspired the king of Scotland, Robert the Bruce. Robert the Bruce, known as Robert I after becoming king of Scotland, was one of the greatest kings of Scottish history. His achievement in rallying the Scottish nation behind him in resistance to the English is all the more remarkable by his lack of resources at the time of his revolt in 1306. The revolt was defeated, Bruce’s lands were confiscated and he became a fugitive. The story of his wanderings is very much embroidered with traditions and legends: the best known is the tale of his watching the spider while he was in hiding on Rathlin Island (now in Northern Ireland), and drawing inspiration from the perseverance of the spider in spinning her web. Gradually he recruited followers again, and in 1314 won at Bannockburn the greatest victory that Scotland had ever won or was to win over England. Fourteen years later Bruce secured a treaty with England recognizing the independence of Scotland and his right to the throne

Now you are man but why are you trying to be spiderman? Marriage is done for pleasure, to be happy. If it does not give happiness, how long will you try? Have you never come across stories where wife left husband and ran away? If wife can do like that why cant husband do like that? Why are you trying too hard when you know there is no use in fixing this marriage? This marriage is irrepairable. Courts cant help you. Nor can they provide solution to both of you. My suggestion is instead of moving to court, and getting stuck there till the day you die, coz once you enter into court you will die but case will not get over, take the case of Jayalalitha or any other celebrity who passed away. They passed away and court case got over after so many years after their death. Don’t go to court. Go somewhere, find someone. Enjoyment period for any person is 15-20 years. If you spend all of it in repairing this woman and running to court, what life will be left? Don’t be spiderman, simply be superman and fly out of this marriage. If you are happy, world is happy. Max she might file some stupid cases and roam to court, dont come back thats all.  Find your life, am sure its not in court halls.

Thanks for your advice. But, what are the precautions to be taken to prevent her from fiing any complaint in police station or that even if she makes a complaint, it should not have any standing. I am sure that the moment I stay away from her, she will complain in the police station that I am missing and will try to harass me through police using their influence. It happened earlier, when I stayed at my uncle's house just for two days due to her rude behaviour and that she was properly informed. What's the legal way to prevent this type of action by her?  

Temptest (Self)     18 February 2018

Hello experts, 

Thank you

What are you? Spiderman?

Maybe you did not hear this story. I heard this story when I was a child. A spider never gives up.

HUNDREDS of years ago there was a king of Scotland and his name was Robert the Bruce. It was a good thing that he was both brave and wise, because the times in which he lived were wild and dangerous. The King of England was at war with him, and had led a great army into Scotland to drive him out of the land and to make Scotland a part of England. Battle after battle he had fought with England. Six times Robert the Bruce had led his brave little army against his foes. Six times his men had been beaten, until finally they were driven into flight. At last the army of Scotland was entirely scattered, and the king was forced to hide in the woods and in lonely places among the mountains. One rainy day, Robert the Bruce lay in a cave, listening to the rainfall outside the cave entrance. He was tired and felt sick at heart, ready to give up all hope. It seemed to him that there was no use for him to try to do anything more. As he lay thinking, he noticed a spider over his head, getting ready to weave her web. He watched her as she worked slowly and with great care. Six times she tried to throw her thread from one edge of the cave wall to another. Six times her thread fell short.”Poor thing!” said Robert the Bruce. “You, too, know what it’s like to fail six times in a row.”But the spider did not lose hope. With still more care, she made ready to try for a seventh time. Robert the Bruce almost forgot his own troubles as he watched, fascinated. She swung herself out upon the slender line. Would she fail again? No! The thread was carried safely to the cave wall, and fastened there.”Yes!” cried Bruce, “I, too, will try a seventh time!” So he arose and called his men together. He told them of his plans, and sent them out with hopeful messages to cheer the discouraged people. Soon there was an army of brave men around him. A seventh battle was fought, and this time the King of England was forced to retreat back to his own country. It wasn’t long before England recognized Scotland as an independent country with Robert the Bruce as its rightful king. And to this very day, the victory and independence of Scotland is traced to a spider that kept trying again and again to spin her web in a cave and inspired the king of Scotland, Robert the Bruce. Robert the Bruce, known as Robert I after becoming king of Scotland, was one of the greatest kings of Scottish history. His achievement in rallying the Scottish nation behind him in resistance to the English is all the more remarkable by his lack of resources at the time of his revolt in 1306. The revolt was defeated, Bruce’s lands were confiscated and he became a fugitive. The story of his wanderings is very much embroidered with traditions and legends: the best known is the tale of his watching the spider while he was in hiding on Rathlin Island (now in Northern Ireland), and drawing inspiration from the perseverance of the spider in spinning her web. Gradually he recruited followers again, and in 1314 won at Bannockburn the greatest victory that Scotland had ever won or was to win over England. Fourteen years later Bruce secured a treaty with England recognizing the independence of Scotland and his right to the throne

Now you are man but why are you trying to be spiderman? Marriage is done for pleasure, to be happy. If it does not give happiness, how long will you try? Have you never come across stories where wife left husband and ran away? If wife can do like that why cant husband do like that? Why are you trying too hard when you know there is no use in fixing this marriage? This marriage is irrepairable. Courts cant help you. Nor can they provide solution to both of you. My suggestion is instead of moving to court, and getting stuck there till the day you die, coz once you enter into court you will die but case will not get over, take the case of Jayalalitha or any other celebrity who passed away. They passed away and court case got over after so many years after their death. Don’t go to court. Go somewhere, find someone. Enjoyment period for any person is 15-20 years. If you spend all of it in repairing this woman and running to court, what life will be left? Don’t be spiderman, simply be superman and fly out of this marriage. If you are happy, world is happy. Max she might file some stupid cases and roam to court, dont come back thats all.  Find your life, am sure its not in court halls.

Thanks for your advice. But, what are the precautions to be taken to prevent her from fiing any complaint in police station or that even if she makes a complaint, it should not have any standing. I am sure that the moment I stay away from her, she will complain in the police station that I am missing and will try to harass me through police using their influence. It happened earlier, when I stayed at my uncle's house just for two days due to her rude behaviour and that she was properly informed. What's the legal way to prevent this type of action by her?  

What are you? Nirav Modi or Modi or Mallya? Now I can see the reason why your wife is like this. Courage cannot be given or fed. You are spineless you should not have married.

It is not about courage, it is about finding possible ways to keep oneself aware of the impending consequences. Cautious steps will give confidence. Anyway, thanks for your valuable advice.!!

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     19 February 2018

There is no such provision under which you can simpliciter file an Application seeking directions for your wife to undergo counselling without seeking any relief.  It is commendable on your part that despite all the issues that you have obviously faced due to your wife, you dont want to seek Divorce from her.  In such a scenario, only intervention by the elders in the family can help you.  You need to approach someone who can prevail upon your wife and her parents' and convince her to undergo counselling. Good luck to you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register