New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. Kannan (Consultant)     16 July 2011

How to share after death of property owner

Mr. X expired without leaving any Will. He has one house property in Karnataka and one site in Tamilnadu. His wife is alive now. He has one son and 2 daughters. All are married. As per the oral mutual understanding, the son will keep the house property in karnataka and 2 daughters will share the site which is in Tamilnadu. What legal documents they have to prepare in order to avoid future disputes. Please help


 1 Replies

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     20 July 2011

Mr. Kannan, 

This  is  Mahadeva  Rao G  from  Bangalore.( 9845285555)

If  your good self  kindly  answer  my following  questions  I will surely  help you  out  in this  issue,  which is not  a  big deal  for  me  even though  there  are   properties in two  different states   and   the  formalities  of  legally  valid   formalities.  etc .,  etc.,   

my question  is   :      What  will  happen to  the  poor  elderly  widow -  the  mother  of  the  childrens,    how  is she  taken  care of  ?   who  will  take,  the  much  needed   loving  and  affectionate  care of  her  genuinely  ?

Since  u  have  not  mentioned  i  just  want  to clarify  this  issue, since  we  have  seen  many  cases  day  in  and  day  out  where  in  after  the   property   is  divided  among  childrens  no body  bothers  to take care  of  elderly  parent  and  unfortunately  lot  many such elderly  widowed  souls  are  at the mercy of  old age  homes.      Sorry  sir   If  i have  hurt  anybodies  feeling  here   but  i  wish  you appreciate my  serious,  genuine and practical  concern  and safety   for  that  already  deeply  sorrowed  & mourning   elderly  widow who has  lost  her  husband.      

My  request  to your  good self ,   Sri.  Kannan  sir  is  Pls  transfer  all  the properties  in both the states in the name of   the  elderly  widow ,    Let  her  enjoy  her   independence,   let  her  live  in  all  her  dignity and glory  in  her  twilight  years  and  live  happily  till  the  wish of  god.        Then   after  her  last breath ,   the  children  can  divide  the properties as  they have  decided now    with   of   course  ( if   necessary )  by  our  legal  guidance  in  the  same.

This  is  sir,  my  experience  and  general  view  based on the   few lines  u  have put forth above. All childrens  need  not  be  the same.  But as i said  it  is only my general  view.

For  any  further  assistance  u  can  pls  revert  back  to me  on 9845285555.  in  Bangalore. 

Good  luck  and  Warm  regards  to  you sir,

Mahadeva  Rao. G.   Advocate.    9845285555,    Bangalore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register