LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eswaran (xxxx)     17 March 2012

How to change the incorrect survey number

Hi..I am from vellore. We are having the land of around 15 cents. i am having one small query which I want the forum members to address please.

  1. we are having patta document in my name.  It has been bought during 1970's. At that time, while registering, they have entered unknowingly the next land survey number instead of our land survey number.
  2. I want to change that to original survey number now. what I can do for that? Similarly, survey number entered in the next land patta is my land survey number.so both are having incorrect survey numbers in our patta document.
  3. Now how can I change it to original survey number?where I have to approach?How long it will take to complete this process?I fear whether it affects my ownership in the property?

can you please suggest what can be done for this?


 3 Replies

unique horn (self)     17 March 2012

Dear sir,


Having patta in your name will not give any "title" (owner-ship) to the property, it can be considered as a proof of your possession of that land.

Does the seller of the land is still alive? If he is, better register a "correction deed" by mentaining correct servey number.


Eswaran (xxxx)     17 March 2012

Thanks for your immediate response. Owner is not alive now. In this case what we can do?If the owner of that incorrect survey number can do something? Appreciate your guidance on this.

DVM Rao (Advocate)     20 March 2012

If his legal heirs are there, they may be in a position to execute the correction document.  DVM Rao, Advocate, Hyderabad

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register