Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

loverboy04   02 September 2017

Help regarding special marriege

Hello i want help regarding marriege. please

I am Hindu by caste and i am from india and my partner she is Christian and from Romania and we want to get marry here in India(Gujrat). what will be rules and regulations where we can apply for marriege in easy way and what documents should be required by both party. it will be really helpful if you can provide me this information.

thanks you.

Learning

11 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     02 September 2017

You have the option to get married as per Hindu rites and ceremonies and get the marriage registered with registrar or / and second option to get married in court I.e. Court marriage which is lengthy process. Choice is your. Sidharth 9811776422

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2017

There are lawyers that help in such matters.

Approach one such lawyer and complete the formalities.

For your interest and first hand feel log on to o/o Marriage registrar of the location where you want to marry.

loverboy04   03 September 2017

thank you so much for your reply and help., if you guys have any solicitors number who has knowladge about this please...

(Guest)

if u n ur partner are intending to get married under the 1954 special marriage act. no probs. just do the following:                                                                                                                                 1. give notice to District Marriage Officer within whose territory one of you have lived for not less than 30 days. follow this format below                                                                                                     To,
                        Marriage Officer,
                        *District where u reside both* 
               We hereby give you notice that a marriage under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, is intended to be solemnized between us within three calendar months hereof.

Name:
Condition:

Place of residence if present dwelling place not permanent.

AB

Unmarried/Widower/Divorced

Witness our hands this _____ day of ___ 200_

Signed AB                   Signed CD
 (then follow the rest of whats mentioned below:                                                                   The persons intending to register their marriage have to give notice thereof in writing in Triplicate in forms specified under second schedule under Section 5 to the marriage officer of the District in which at least one of the parties to the marriage have reside for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which notice is given. 4. After the receipt of the notice the marriage officer shall enter a true copy in the marriage notice Book and shall cause the notice to be published in the notice board of his office and also see that the notice is published in the office of the marriage Registrrsa in whose District the parties are permanently residing. 5. Any person before the expiration of 30 days may make an objection that the marriage contravenes the essential conditions noted above. 6. After the expiry of 30 days of notice the Sub-Registrar shall register the marriage after the Bridegroom and Bride sign a declaration in form specified in the Third Schedule in the presence of three witness and they should utter in the language known i(a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife. The parties may choose any other form like exchanging the Garlands ….etc apart from the above By this process the marriage is deemed to have been solemnized and the marriage officer shall enter the particulars in the marriage certificate book and it will be signed by the partiers to the marriage and Three Witnesses. The procedure of Registration of Marriage performed in other forms All the above procedure is same except that the utterance of i(a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife. The parties may choose any other form like exchanging the Garlands ….etc apart from the above. After the above procedure is over the parties will be issued an extract

loverboy04   05 September 2017

thank you so much sir for  detail guidliance but what are the documents required by her side as i read somewhere she needs to bring NOC from embassy or single status notarised certificate or..? but can romanian embassy can provide these type of things?

THANK you.

loverboy04   05 September 2017

thank you so much sir for  detail guidliance but what are the documents required by her side as i read somewhere she needs to bring NOC from embassy or single status notarised certificate or..? but can romanian embassy can provide these type of things? THANK you.

(Guest)

see...whether your wife is romanian, spanish, american or otherwise, India law (in this case, Special Marriage Act) applies to her.

What u can do is, post-marriage with ur fiancee, u can get a copy of ur marriage certificate u/SMA notarized by MHA and send copy of it to Romanian embassy at Delhi for countersigining. That way all 3of u (both of u ,MHA & also Romanian embassy here) have legitimate proof of a legalized civil/court marriage recognized by Indian judiciary u/Special Marriage Act as well as by local (Indian) and foreign (Romanian) authorities in India. 

good luck!

loverboy04   06 September 2017

ok thank you sir if you dont mind can i get your contact details? please sir

just have a query what documents she needs to bring?

(Guest)

Sir: u may reach me either via this website or through my official e-mail ID basu_kunal@hotmail.com for further details....                                                                                                                                                  documents u need following:                                                                                                               A. Birth certificate                                                                                             B. Passport of your intended wife for proof of nationality                                                                                                             C. Affadavit showing your prospective wife's voluntary desire to marry you in                          D. Your birth certificate, passport copy and proof of address                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Have 3 witnesses present at time of marriage.                                                                                                                   

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2017

The details have been provided.

Visit the O/o Marriage Registrar and get in touch with Lawyers that take up such matters and your lawyer shall take care.

The fee is reasonable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register