LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaideep (Sr Consultant)     13 August 2021

Godaddy.com case

Dear All, I own a recruitment firm and operating the same from Ahmedabad Gujarat. My company domain is www.neo-staffing.com. We have been using this domain since 2008 for website hosting and emails.  We transferred the domain from in March 2021 from our existing domain service provider to godaddy.com on his request as the existing provider was changing his services and recommended to go for godaddy.com so we transferred our domain to them on 22nd March 2021 for a 1 year annual subscriptttion. We got a confirmation too from godaddy that the domain has been transferred. However after 1 month they cancelled my service and put my domain out n the market without any instructions from our side and sent out a auto email saying domain is cancelled. We took this up with there support team which initially lied to us saying doman transfer was not successful when told them we have a confirmation they resorted to other tactics of misleading us technically.  The Matter is still not resolved godaddy.com support is not responding and i have lost a lot business as our emails have been down and also our business reputation has taken  a hit  Please advice on how i can take a case forward in terms of breach  of contract, Cheating and providing wrong information cause direct damage to business and reputation Thanks all  in advance

PS: i would be also open to lawyer or firms who want to represent us on a mutually beneficial terms. 

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   13 August 2021

As per your query, let me inform you that the act done against you by the domain service is of fraudulent nature as per the Indian Contracts Act, 1872.
Fraud implies and involves any of the following acts committed by a contracting party or his connivance or his agent with the intention of deceiving or inciting another party or his agent to enter into the agreement.

The Indian Contracts Act, 1872 u/s 17 deals with fraud. The section describes fraud and lists the acts that amount to fraud, which are a false claim, active concealment, promise without the intention of carrying it out, any other deceptive act, or any act declared fraudulent. To constitute fraud, the contracting party, or any other individual with his connivance, or his agent, or to induce him to enter into the agreement, should have performed such acts. The parties have no duty to speak about facts likely to affect the consent of the other party to the contract, and mere silence does not amount to fraud unless the circumstance of the case shows that there is a duty to speak or silence equivalent to speech.

For any further assistance you can contact on the email ID given below:-
advkmpaul3897@gmail.com

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register