LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naives (Manager)     21 September 2013

Gift deed of ancestoral property

My mother wants to transfer her agricultural land to her NRI daughters through Gift Deed. We are concerned about what the procedure is and how long does it take? Has anyone got any right to object the proceedings on this issue?

What is the procedure to ensure that the donee has become the new owner of the Gifted property?

Reason being:- my brother's wife who is 8 months pregnant has never ever shown any consideration towards my brother or my elderly mum. Her parents live locally and are a real pain every single day.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 September 2013

A gift of deed is usually a transaction that takes place between close relatives, where the owner of a property has agreed to give the property to another person by way of gift. The individual giving the property must be solvent and should not be giving the property away in order to evade a tax liability, enable him to claim any benefits, or so that he can stay away from paying the residential care.

1 Like

naives (Manager)     22 September 2013

does it mean that even if my mother has the immovable property after my father passed away, property that she had not bought it:- She can still Gift Deed it to one or two of her 5 children??Is there room for anyone of the children to object on the basis that they believe that they have the right to get part out of that ancestoral property? Thanks in anticipation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register