Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (ASE)     21 July 2012

Form 16 for state govt. employee

Hello sir/madam,

My father is Revrnue Inspecter at taluk in vellore district. Now i need form 16 from him . Where should he get it .

His tax deduer is thasildar of his taluk office and he duduces my father's tax using thasildars TAN card. 

URGENT PLEASE HELP ME ,

Thanks in advance :)

Learning

5 Replies

chitrarasu (advocate)     21 July 2012

Form 16 form available in auditors fill and get sign in your father salary dispursing officer(thasildar), Form 16 means (one) financial year income.

Thank You sir ,

Actually my dad was paying income tax by dudction from his salary wihtout using PAN card . He just applied PAn card two days back. can he use this PAN number for the form 16 of last year IT returns form 16.

Thank You sir ,

Actually my dad was paying income tax by dudction from his salary wihtout using PAN card . He just applied PAn card two days back. can he use this PAN number for the form 16 of last year IT returns form 16.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 July 2012

In simple words, Form 16 is the document proof given by an employer to all its employees with the complete details of income (salary) , the amount deducted as income tax (TDS) for each month and the total tax payment. This document will be used by employee to submit the income tax returns to the government. He need not submit the form 16, it is only proof for his income and the tax payment. It is safe to keep all your form 16, if there is any issue in the income tax returns, form 16 has to be used as the proof. Note that, issuing form 16 is applicable only for the salaried employees. Normally, form 16 would issued after the current financial year.

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     17 August 2012

1. The Tax Deductor, the Tahsildar should have issued the Form No.16 (TDS Certificate) to your father (Revenue Inspector) . Now your father can request the Tehsildar to issue him the TDS Certificate in Form No.16. If the Tehsildar does not issue it within 30 days of the request, your father can complain to the Assessing Offiocer- TDS having jurisdiction over the Tahsildar.

2. "Actually my dad was paying income tax by dudction from his salary wihtout using PAN card . He just applied PAn card two days back. can he use this PAN number for the form 16 of last year IT returns form 16.": 

The Form No.16 for the last year will not show/bear yor father's PAN, as it had not been given to the Tax Deductor. However your father can use the PAN while filing his return of income for the last year.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register