LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Kumar (Engineer)     12 March 2015

Forgery in flat sale - office colleague

I work in a prominent organization. I have a colleague who is working with me for last 5 years. He is on a very senior position. Last year in April, he offered me for an investment in a flat. He, along with his partner, were making some flats in Kondapur, Hyderabad. Since I knew him, I didn't ask for any documents and accepted his offer.

He prepared a sale deed for the sale of flat between I and he along with his partner. The cost of the flat was decided 35,51,000. I was supposed to pay him 10,51,000 initially and rest at different intervals based on he asking. He created a xerox copy of the sale deed. They signed on the original and gave it to me and took my sign on the xerox. I also issued him 2 cheques (one of 5 lakhs and another of 5,51,000).

Note, the cheques were issued in the name of my colleague with no date but with his name and exact amount.

He deposited one cheque in the month of June and the amount was successfully paid to his account. In September, he called me and asked if I want to re-sale the flat. I agreed to it over phone. Thereafter, he use to call me some times that he was to get the money from the party and then he can transfer the amount to my account, but the money never got deposited. In Dec, he called me again and said he will transfer amount to my account. Again he didn't. Thereafter, he stopped taking my calls or replying my sms.

Till this time, he had not deposited the second cheque in his bank. But I was a little worried so I placed a stop cheque request on it. Last month, he called me at my office desk number and said he will give me amount soon.

Since last 20 days, he has not reported to office. I checked with his manager, but he has no idea about his whereabouts and they are considering him absconding. I tried to call him and sent sms but in vain. On 5th March, I received an sms from an international number, which stated he was in a foreign country and has extended his stay for some good news. Another friend of mine (from the same office) created his tickets and paid for his tickets. He is also worried as this man has not replied him back.

I have no updates about him since then. As I was scared, I started checking all the documents and the sale deed. The sale deed doesn't have details about permission details (left empty) of construction over the plot and encumbrance certificate. Neither does it have any mention about cheque details, the cheque column was left empty. I am also not sure if the land belongs to him or his partner. I lost my mobile number which has his other contact details and the contact number of his partner. The address he mentioned in the sale deed, no one is staying there currently.

Note: I didn't give importance about these things in good faith. I now realize, I was at a mistake here. But it was a good faith. Does my case have any strength? Since I have paid him by cheque, is there any means by which I can recover my money. I can get his permanant address, PAN details and other details from HR department. I want to check with esteemed members of this group to help me understand where I stand and also what shall be my next course of actions.

Thank you for your time.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register