Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Operations manager)     07 August 2012

Forced to work after retirement

Dear Respected Seniors & colleagues,

My father was working as Divisional Accounts officer in PSU, he got retired almost 6 months back.

But his Divisional head was forcing him to come to office and help them in compiling accounts and guide others, As my dad was retired and being senior citizen he don't keep well . Then also he tried to help him by calling the said staffs to home and guide them. But due to some health issues he was unable to guide some 2-3 months back. On which his divisional head called him up and humilated him.

After strong feedback from my father he choosed another way and told him they are filling chargesheet against him for some cases. Upon inquiring the same he told there was some descripencies in old record that was countersigned and confirmed by the same divisional head. Also while leaving office he handed over the charge taking certificate to the precceding staff,who checked the records found everything ok and confirmed the same. 

Now being my father as retired and they are founding him helpless and harrasing him to come office and get the current records processed and guide them else they will file chargesheet against him..

And its something which I can't accept my dad to work even at the age when he should feel happy with his family.

Please guide on earliest as this is affecting him emotionally and mentally..

Please call me if you all can help me urgently..as em worried about my father

Regards

Anand Rai

Learning

3 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     09 August 2012

No body can force your father to work against will of your father. So far discripancy in the record are concerned, one cannot be humilated like that without any cogent reason. I think your father is getting his penson or have got his dues, if that is so, ask the company to give him in writing if any assistance is required from your father, working for office and dealing with official record will only call new problems because your father do not have any authority under law to deal with the official account after his retirement. When the attitude of the company is not good better not to have any truck with the company in any way. Wait till the next financial year account is prepared and after that I think your father will be out in the green.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2012

A govt official can be proceeded against after retirement provided the alleged misconduct is not four years old and such proceedings are undere Pension Rules.

Since your father retired from PSU he is not getting any pension from PSU and would have got all his dues.  In case he is EPF pensioner then it cannot be stopped.

Please get hold of the Conduct Discipline and Appeal Rules of the PSU. Use RTI if needed. 

In case your father's health deteriorated due to his illegal insistance consult the nearest criminal lawyer to consider feasibility of FIR under section 323 /326 of IPC.

In any case it is better to submit a formal complait againnst the said officer to the Chairman.

If it is central PSU it is under jurisdiction of CVC.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2012

A govt official can be proceeded against after retirement provided the alleged misconduct is not four years old and such proceedings are undere Pension Rules.

Since your father retired from PSU he is not getting any pension from PSU and would have got all his dues.  In case he is EPF pensioner then it cannot be stopped.

Please get hold of the Conduct Discipline and Appeal Rules of the PSU. Use RTI if needed. 

In case your father's health deteriorated due to his illegal insistance consult the nearest criminal lawyer to consider feasibility of FIR under section 323 /326 of IPC.

In any case it is better to submit a formal complait againnst the said officer to the Chairman.

If it is central PSU it is under jurisdiction of CVC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register