IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunaj (rep)     10 April 2011

Father name misspelled in our marriage certificate

In Our marriage certificate my wifes father name have some spelling mistake when comparing to school certificate. can we change her father name in marrige certificate,what is the procedure for that in kerala? can she apply for passport with the present marrige certificate..pls  help me...


 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2011

It is believed that the school certificate was submitted towards DOB/age proof.

The application form for issue of marriage certificate is fille up by the applicant.

You may check that if some error was made by the applicant.

If not you may submit in writing to the issuing authority to issue new certificate without errors, and they may issue without any charge.

If some error was made by the applicant , you may still submit request to issuing authority for updation and correction, and they may do it with/without fee as per the process.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     11 April 2011

that will not be a big problem as all the authorities will see only School certificates

sunaj (rep)     18 April 2011

Yea me made a mistake in the application form. again when we request for the updated  certificate they rejected the request. now what is the next step plese help me.

sunaj (rep)     18 April 2011

For Adding spouse name in passport they are reffering the marriage certificate.


yes you may made correction in name if missspell. You have to produce application before issuing authority.


You may use its marriage certificate for passport apply but enclosed a notary affidavit with all fact.

first made change than apply for password - its taking  max two to three days.

Wisson   24 September 2018

 hi I have encountered the same problem as you did. My wife's father's name in marriage certificate is miss spelled, I was wondering if you did indeed get it corrected and what was the procedures.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query