Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.Ganesan (Lect.)     27 May 2012

Exemption under epf act, 1952

Dear Sir,

I recently read in web as follows:

7: One can opt out of EPF if he wants

Yes!I know this might be a surprising fact for many , but if one’s basic salary per month is more than Rs 6,500, he has an option to opt out of EPF and not be part of it. In which case he will get all his salary in hand (without anything deducted every month). But the sad part is that one has to opt out of EPF in the start of his job. If a person has been part of EPF even once in his life, then he cant opt out of it. So if you have already had EPF in your life. This option is not for you, but if you are new to job and your EPF account number still does not exist, you can tell your employer that you don’t want to be part of EPF . You will have to fill up form 11 for this.

It was really new information for me.

I request our members to confirm the above information.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerley,
R. GANESAN.

Learning

4 Replies

Uttam Maheshwari (Associate)     26 June 2012

Dear Mr. Ganesan,

Apart from the aforesaid fact, the practise amongst the employees is to work in tandum with the employer, submit resignation, withdraw the provident fund, and apply again for employment (which was never actually taken away), and then, it would be considered as fresh employment for salary more then Rs.6500/- p.m., and then neither the employer nor the employee would be required to remit provident fund.

Best,

Uttam Maheshwari

neel (proprioter)     04 March 2013

Dear sir

can any one help me that under what condition and company exemption from epf act 1952

thanks

neel

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 March 2013

@ neel read section 17 of the act.

KB Prakash (service)     05 March 2013

there is no exemption from the act.. only from three schemes.. exemption is available.... for guidelines plz refer section 16 ^ sub paras

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register