LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.B _Kolkata (Service)     19 December 2009

Enquiry of past criminal cases of wife

My wife has a past criminal case history, some how She was convicted and 6.5yrs were behind the bar. Knowingly (as she stated verbally before marraige) I got marraid with her and now found some abnormal behaviour.

After then she changed her name (before marraige)

Under this circumstances and to know all the story I need to have go through the detail of her past cases, which can help me to fight against 498a yet to be filled by my wife as anticipated.

Can anybody tell me what is the right way to get all the case history as on today without giving her any information?


 6 Replies

Khaleel Ahmed (Legal Advisor)     19 December 2009

Consult with your  local professional detective.

1 Like




You can take her criminal history from police station from where her charge sheets filed. As a husband you can get information under RTI.

1 Like

Krish_Helix (team leader)     04 February 2015

Hi ,
I am running out of an issues where i am recently married of 10 months old and it is an arrange marriage as per Hindu formalities. I have lived with my wife only 3 months and the rest of the months she was living only with her parents and they were taking her for saying all stupid reason of formalities and other religious belief. In the meanwhile, she was pregnant and the baby formation was not proper and it was advised to do Abort("ABORT") with doctors consultation and we did the procedure. Also, we have not registered the marriage so far.. we had many clash between the family since i tried making understand my inlaw that myself and my wife need to get understanding, they refused me a lot. In the begining of our marriage life, a soverign of gold has been missed out which we tried complaining in police station and they refused since they from a village not interested and post that they have taken back all the gold's and other stuff except the Kitchen items back to them without informing us. I tried many times to speak with my wife they are not allowing me to talk with her and giving me all fake reason that I have doubted in virginity by gods way we both enjoyed the love making which she has told myself, mother and my sister about some ladies things on doubts on Sexual activities how to proceed with me.They wanted me to step out of my parents and live with her daughter whereas i cannot do such things since my parents are very poor, they are asking me to send them to orphan. We guess based on this reason are they doing this kind of activites. we have tried with my family members to reach them and not allowing us to meet them. It's almost 7 months gone i have no contact with my wife and not allowing me to speak with her and they are threatining me to give some lakhs together money and other reason. I have some valid proof on this which i had a discussed with my father in law which i have not done any such kind of things..

Also, will this affect my professional career in future if this is going to be filled in family court or any other session. How to protect me in this and i need to live with my wife i know she loved me and they way me had given the same to her.

Please advise me on this .. i am from a middle class family and how to proceed this further and
either i need to live with her happily or need to come out of this in a mutual separation.

Since i know as per legal way now a days legally girls are adding value from government and like me many guys who are not doing any things facing lots of issues.

Please advise me waiting for your kind reply,

SuperHero (Manager)     05 February 2015

@Krish_Helex - Please open a New post. First go through LCI for the last few months threads.

Krish_Helix (team leader)     05 February 2015

@Super Hero - Could you please help me how to proceed on this.? I am unable to find the LCI

SuperHero (Manager)     05 February 2015

@ Krish

First chill, every body has problems in life. LIFE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

Follow Prasad's advice posted in

Here is Prasad's advice and I am pasting it here..

Hi There,
Please calm down. Please know that everything is going to be alright.
You are not alone. 
There are thousands of husbands suffering the same from such wives every day.
Good that you complained to police station as well as sent a legal notice.
Do not worry about the contents of her notice.
Normally it will be full of lies written by her lawyer.
Please know that your wife is trying to have absolute control on you.
Your wife has done the most ugly complaint on her father-in-law to control you.
I have never heard of this. 
I personally believe it is not at all possible to live with such wife.
Do you still have some love or trust with your wife?
If so, She wants to take care of her mother and hence she needs a separate accommodation.
See whether you can live separate from your parents.
Find a house and live with your wife.
Your mother in law can come and go to your accommodation.
You can go and see your parents often.
This will save your marriage.
Do not file RCR petition to get your wife back. 

Your wife is after your money. So she will not leave you till she gets lot of money from you.
But as she is well qualified, she will NOT get any big maintenance amount.
But if you have lost love and trust on your wife, then plan well.
Start recording all conversations with your wife.
As one year is complete after your marriage, 
try to submit Mutual Consent Divorce petition as it takes less time of 6 months to get divorce.
If she does not agree to MCD, you can now file divorce petition citing her cruelty.
Be patient. Be calm. Do not afraid of police, lawyer or her relatives. 
All those people live on your fear. Never give them a chance to take you for granted.
I am repeating the below. This is based on my experience.

Please calm down. Please know that everything is going to be alright. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register