New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vastuniketan 10   18 April 2021


one of our residential member in society has setup illegal 4,5 hawkers in building boundry, after our complain local body (MCGM) had

taken action but again illegal hawker start operating, but inspite of repeated complain to mcgm, no action is being taken & said member creates nuisance in society, please advice for


 5 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     18 April 2021

Take the MCGM and the society member including the hawkers in high court.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 April 2021

It is better the Society engages a local prudent Lawyer and get a case filed against the Hawkers making Municipality also a party for not taking action. Problem is that Courts are quite liberal, I am afraid too liberal, in granting Stay Orders in any case till further orders. That may happen in your case too once a case is filed. So discuss all the pros and cons of taking legal action. Unfortunately, for a law-abiding citizen, the options are quite limited.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 April 2021

The issue you have taken up is not in your individual interest and for the welfare of residents, particularly during COVID pandemic time.  You are alone and have to take up a fight against four hawkers and those unsocial elements that are encouraging such activities and fight it out with your own cost/expenses.  Please consider the risks involved and form a group and collectively make a complaint about trespass to local PS as even hawkers need a license. Peace is important in individual life and in the name of interest, one can not waste time, energy and expenses, think practically.

Rahul Mehalwal   18 April 2021

I would suggest the first step should be to file an RTI to enquire what steps were taken by the local municipal corporation against your complaint.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 April 2021

You can submit a complaint to MCGM and endorse a copy to your local police station. You should also submit a complaint addressed to your local police station.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register