Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     10 July 2011

Dowry harassment caught on camera

A 2007 photo of Nidhi and Aishwarya

Ghaziabad:  Not all marriages are made in heaven. And some of them involve sting operations. The family of a woman in Ghaziabad was allegedly harassed for dowry by her fiancé's relatives. They secretly recorded a meeting between the two sides to get her prospective in-laws booked for dowry harassment. 

"We had to conduct the sting operation as the groom's family has lodged several false cases against us. The grooms' uncle is a serving IAS officer who wanted a share in the dowry.  On his instruction UP police lodged false cases against us. Investigation official submitted his last report stating that the cases were false and we were being framed. The groom's family is still harassing us. Our family had to conduct this sting to prove our innocence," said the father of the girl Ved Pal Singh Rana, a former Assistant Commissioner with the Delhi Police.

We conducted the operation when the groom's family came to apologise for their wrongdoings," he added.

Mr Rana said that four days ago a Police team from Badaun district in UP came to arrest him in connection with a case of cheating. "Badaun Police acted on the instructions of the IAS officer," alleged Rana.

The girl's family said the sting video shows the groom's family confessing to their misdeeds and should be able to prove Mr Rana's innocence.

In 2007, Nidhi's marriage was fixed with Aishwarya Pratap Singh. But after the engagement Aishwarya's family started demanding huge amounts in dowry from Mr Rana, which he refused. Aishwarya's family then threatened them with dire consequences and cancelled the marriage.

Learning

8 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 July 2011

really a pathetic state of affairs....

I can't understand why people need dowry...when God has provided you with a full fit body to do wonders then there is no need for such luxuries.

India is a country which is rising in its economy without any substantial progress in Research and Development....such factors like Dowry, Marriage function expenses, corruption etc. duly contribute to Indian Economy....Even Car companies advertise deceptively during marriage season....Electronics good industries promote dowry by shelling out bundle schemes.

pata nahin log kab sudhrenge.....no one is going to take all such things to heaven...

(Guest)

"GREED IS A CURSE".

People often cheat others because of their desires for having more and more. What is instrument for carrying these things to their homes???????? It's newly weded wife.

(Guest)

Very smart!

Actually all girls should be provided with a spy camera  with huge memory and battery back up in her marriege.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     10 July 2011

Ya girls can be provided such cameras on marriage days.Good observation by Utpala.

But what they do if the demands are made post marriage,and not on marriage day?

It's not possible to carry cameras and audio tapes all the time after marriage.

This is where the girls' families fail to prove dowry harassment in courts,as they do not possess all such recording instruments when the actual harassment is taking place..

And I completely second the views of Kiran Kumar jee.

Rahul T (Engineer)     10 July 2011

@ My Dear Friend Utpala/Roshni,

I do accept, Dowry is the biggest curse in our society.  As per me Govt. of  India should punished them at the highest possible so that repetition should not happen . But all fingers in our hand are not same. What will be your comment for those girls’s who are getting married for the sake of money??? Examples are flooded in LCI different writings…All writings are not fake… PPL come her, when there is no way left….

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     11 July 2011

why secret cameras needed  , Boys  must be hanged the very  moment a faintest complaint is recorded.

actually both types of harassment exists in society.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 July 2011

Dowry has emerged as innocent wife killer decease in India.

I fail to understand why parents of a girl agree to give away their daughters in the hands of greedy family who are more interested in money than the girl. That is why they do not mind beating her, torturing her and even kill her.

The Govt. has really failed badly, to bring a law which could actually deter the greedy. The laws which have been made are compeltely inaffective to bring peace in the society but on the contrary these are mostly and easily misused by unscrupluous women.

Someone make a voice for those innocent women too who never get justice with such inaffective laws

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 July 2011

when you go to a market,you see all "saleable" products there.No shopkeeper is willing to give you anything for free,even if u r a needy person.

hence you become bound to follow this trend of buying goods.

but i really detest parents who do nothing while their daughters are harassed,punched,humiliated and beaten up by cruel husband and inlaws.they treat such issues as "adjustment" issues.

they wake up only when she commits suicide or is killed.i have no resepct for such weak parents.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register