IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrik.mehra (officer)     23 August 2014

Dowry case 498a

Sir, what action can I take against my wife who has falsely implicated me  in 498A. Please suggest counter cases.Court and police has given clean chit my parents who are 80 years old. Can they file defamation case under section IPC 500.


 13 Replies

NUT (Programmer)     23 August 2014

Get rid of her ... No punishing business life is not cinema

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 August 2014

They can file Defamation. But don't expect much out of it.


You first need to defend the case before thinking of any action against her.


Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
2 Like

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     23 August 2014

Lodge FIR against them U/S 499 IPC read with 500 IPC (Criminal Defamation). 211 IPC, 190 IPC read with 193 IPC

file perjury U/S 340 CrPC read with 195 CrPC.


Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links.







498_final stage (Professional)     25 August 2014

Hi Rocky.. I need your advice...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 August 2014

God has his own designs.


He just learnt couple of days back regarding FIR in 499 and 500, but still wants you to file it. 



Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2014

It is better ignore the wrong advises by many encouraging you to file a defamation case or perjury case etc., concentrate to defend your case properly and get rid of them once for all.

498_final stage (Professional)     28 August 2014

Dear ADvocates...... While I understand why you discourage people to file counter cases, but what if the wife side still want to take revenge from you and trap you in some other case later?????

For example if this guy remarry and they do a scene in his second marriage?? How to bind these b*st*rds so that the sufferers do not suffer further?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 August 2014



I don't discourage people from filing cases which has merits, I caution people against useless litigation.


Some people just mention few cases just to have people follow them.




Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
2 Like

498_final stage (Professional)     29 August 2014

Dear Mr Kapoor,

Thanks for the clarification. But my point is that assuming the pathetic legal system and courts we have, I feel that there is no point in filing counter cases even when I know they will be punished.

What other method can be adopted? If I directly go to the MEDIA, is it advisable??? Or its now time to hold the gun and kill them all

498A-filed (Advisor)     30 August 2014

Bhai legalabuse_Fighter. Adhere to the advice given by the experts. You are not the only one who is suffering from false 498 A.

Your first priority should be to defend yourself properly. We have limited time and resources and those should be directed towards defending us first. Apply for AB and secure your freedom.

Any counter case should be filed after a lot of research. Most of them will fail or will not give desired result. It may also result in multiple cases against you.

I have also filed two criminal non bailable cases against my wife despite adverse advice from my friends. If you have a strong case and you know what it takes to pursue a case, then do no listen to anyone including me and go for it.


Our judiciary may be slow but it is effective so have faith in it.


Only a coward will think of taking law in its own hand. If you are so afraid of law, then why you think that your wife can get away with the crime.

1 Like

498_final stage (Professional)     30 August 2014

Dear 498a filed... Its not about just 498a.. They had a proper planning to trap my entire family for money. They even come with a Gunda and kept harassing us as a result my father had a heart attack and I lost him.

A genuine woman file 498a is still acceptable to me and I could have even agreed for a settlement. But when a planner attack your house and kill your father would you still look for a compromise?

I am out of that stage already and my case is under trial.. I never had to sit in the jail for a minute. I could convince the IO at a first place that the girl and her mother is a conspirator..

I would flle case based on the evidences I have, I dont believe in filing unnecessary cases...

But its important to Expose these people so that they dont dare to target innocent for the purpose of making money

Manpreet (Manager)     31 August 2014

You should start collecting evedences and at later stage u should file criminal cases like extortion.

498A-filed (Advisor)     31 August 2014

Manpreet have you successfully filed extortion case against your wife. If yes then what is the status of the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query