Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rachna chandani   05 January 2023

Don't want to live with my wife

Hi,

I am married to a girl since 2 years now. I have a daughter too. The marriage happened under the pressure of family. I was in a relationship with a lady who is older to me and a divorcee. But I cheated on her unfortunately and got married. Again the pressure on me gave the birth to my daughter which I never wanted. Now my family, the girl and her family are threatening to file a case of dowry on me. As I don't have any physical terms with my wife and not in good terms with my family too. When the divorcee lady whom I loved a lot, she came to know that I have a daughter, she too left me as she thought that I have started my life with the lady I got married. but everything happened under pressure. Now I don't want to live with my wife. What shall I do?

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 January 2023

so everything is happening under pressure?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 January 2023

Originally posted by : Alpa Jogi (Advocate)

With the risk of sounding as unwarrented advice, you have spoilt three lifes because of pressure (Your's, your wife's and that old lady's). It is not proper to leave your wife and daughter without any proper reason because it was you who married her in pressure and also gave birth to a child. Now coming to the legal aspect, you may try your luck by filling divorce on the grounds listed in HMA (not sure whether you will be able to find one ground or not). RegardsAlpa Jogi (Advocate)Divorce advocate in Ahmedabad 

Agreeing with these views I will add that :-

1. Given facts do not indicate any cause of divorce.  On the contrary you may land up in a few criminal/civil cases.
  2. You claim marraige was under pressure but given facts do not indicate any police complaint by you against those who put pressure on you.
  3. You have so far not stated as to what is your plan regarding your child.
  4. WHether any divorce happens or not.  yhou are liable to paymaintenance of wife (for entire life unless she remarries) and daughter (as long as she doe snot start earning or is not married)
  5. It is not three lives you spoiled.  You are bent upon spoiling foruth life of your child as well.
  6. The other lady has apprently done wisest action of dissociating from your plan of spoiling multiple lives.
  7. Even if you neglect or throw out your wife (which is p[art of Domestic Violence) you

You are not far away from "U" turn, which can revise atleast 3/4 lives you spoiled(planning to spoil)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register