LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

spv83 (NA)     01 November 2012

Do i need to get the singature of heirs in sale deed?

I am planning to buy an apartment. The seller has executed General Power of Attorney in the name of the builder. When i register the property in my name, do i have to get the signature of the builder or the actual owner. Also, do i need to get the signature from the heirs of the actual owner? Please suggest.



 7 Replies

shyam lal sharma (Manager)     01 November 2012

No need to get Owners signature, but you have to look in to the GPA Copy executed by the owner in favour of Builder/ developer wherein the OWNER has given his consent or power to transfer/ sell to the builder.

shyam lal sharma (Manager)     01 November 2012

Consult a local Lawyer of your area to get know wether the builder has taken all the approval, plan saction, NOc and other things from the concern authority... and his power under the GPAor Development Agreement etc,.

spv83 (NA)     01 November 2012

Thanks Shyam. I saw the GPA where the owner gave power to sell his property. I will check with the other things like plan sanction, etc

ankur tripathi (Asst Manager)     02 November 2012

why will the owener give GPA to the builder ... consult a lawyer to see how authentic the document is .... try to include the orignal owener as much s you can to avoid further claims or disputes. please do not forget to collect the chain of agreement and do a property search by the agency to see whome does the property belong 

AYAN (WEB DEVOLOPER)     02 November 2012

consult an advocate

shyam lal sharma (Manager)     03 November 2012

Mr Anur tripathi, when a builder comes up with Jiont Development Agreement with the owner he requires some power/ right over the proeprty that right will come to the builder through Development Agreement in order to implement or make it enforce he gets GPA to sell his part of proeprty like 40: 60 Ratio...... like this owner gave the GPA

spv83 (NA)     07 November 2012

To clarify, I checked the documents. The owner has executed a joint development agreement with the builder and appointed builder as his power agent to sell the property on his behalf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query