LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagpal Singh (xyz)     27 May 2011

Divorce petition


The Delhi court holidays are about to begin. I have just filed my divorce petition at Tis hazari but the date given by Judge in September  2011 which I feel is too long.

A) Can you please advise me how I can appeal to get an early date in July after court holidays?
B) Is it possible to get my divorce petition transfer to another judge in the same court?

Looking forward to hearing from you .




 3 Replies

james bhatti (Advocate)     28 May 2011

1. File an application for early hearing before holiday start. Give in application fullreasons why your case should be heard earlier.

2. I wont advise this. For ransferring you will have to say something which will offend the judge.

nippani satya narayana murthy (Advocate/Notary)     28 May 2011

when you have filed an application for divorce under family court you need to wait till the first hearing because from the date of filing it is mandatary that you should wait for six months and then on that day of hearing you need to give explanation that why you need divorce along with genuine reason for getting divorce then it the cout satisfied with you explanation the judge will geve a date and on that day both parties have to accept for getting divorce.

yes it is possible that your application can be transfered to other court on grounds which you place in court

any way it necessary that you need to wait 6months from the date of filing application in the court and also for getting divorce order if the court is satisfied for your grounds and legality

my contact no: 00919989654920

1 Like

Aravind kumar (Advocate)     09 June 2011

hi i need AB and bail petition format pls send anyone,any some other case format

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register