I am in a very difficult predicament. The following are the facts pertaining to my current situation.
- I got married on 26th January, 2015 to my wife after our engagement on 10th March,2014.
- Since she is was studying in Pune and I am working in Bangalore we are not staying together.
- We only stayed together for the first two weeks of our marriage during which she denied s*x without giving any reason( note that the marriage was consummated however soon after first week of marriage she started denying s*x) She also does not show any affection towards me.
- I ignored this since she is young and probably needed time. However, when I visit her in college I see her show affection to one of her male classmates. When I confronted this to her along with her denial of physical relationship she got very aggressive and accused me of suspecting her of adultry. I have whatsapp conversations where I have said multiple times that I do not doubt her character but I am uneasy with how she confortable she is holding her friends hand. Can this whatsapp conversation be used as evidence in court.
- When advice from parents did not work on her and on her insistence, we decided to go for professional counceling. The counseling started in April,2015. The counseling went on for awhile but was of no use. One fine day she decides to not to come for counceling eventhough the couselor said that she has behavioural problems that require intensive counselling.
- Now her father has informed me that she does not want to work on the marriage till her studies are over in Feb,2016 and she wants to focus on her studies. Till then she does not want any contact from me. Her father said I can call her once in 2 weeks provided I do not discuss our marital problems. I have recorded this conversation. Can the recording be used as evidence?
What are my legal options now? I have done everything in my power to make this marriage work. But it is futile since she or her family show no interest in putting effort to fixing this marriage. My father underwent a renal transpant in July,2014 and I am worried about this situation affecting his recovery. I have made up by mind to leave her as my family and I are undergoing mental torture. Is this enough grounds for divorce to be granted.
I am willing to wait till Feb,2014 and convince her for divorce by mutual consent but I am skeptical about her agreeing to it. I would like to know my other options.
I am also worried of them falsely filing a domestic violence case. Can I contest this by using whatsapp message in which there is not a single mention of any abuse as proof? Also we have only lived together for 2 weeks and she visited me over two weekends in Bangalore.