LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishant (Sr Manager)     02 April 2013


I am 39 yrs old and work with a company as a sr manager, my first wife died out of cancer and i thought of getting remarried. i got remarried to a female from gandhidham named poonam chandru bhatia, she was already a divorcee and had spent only 6 months with her first husband. before i getting married to her, she gave me some reason of her old divorce which i found lately were wrong. We stayed for 8 months togeather and then we seperated in april 2012. Now she is not giving me divorce and creating too many social problems for me.


can i get some advice plz




 2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     02 April 2013

Dear Mr. Nishant,

If she is creating social problems for you, it will fall under definition of mental cruelty, which happens to be a ground for divorce. If you need divorce, you need not necessarily require her consent.

Requirement of consent is for mutual consent divorce. The same is most popular as less time consuming.

But law provides for cotested divorce, in case one party is not ready for divorce. Only thing is that contested divorce is possible only if the reasons stated for divorce falls under one of the five grounds mentioned in HMA.

AND, I have already informed you that her act amounts to mental cruelty. Hence you may proceed.



Goutam Prasad


Mob: 9810753838

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     02 April 2013

Social problem will come if wife is upset. You take your action, don't worry about her actions. File for divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register