LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reeya Singh   07 September 2017


Hi All

I got married in temple  2 months before , where temple is registered by goverment and we have got certificate from temple as well. After that we dint register the marriage in court. Now we need divorce. 

1. Without doing court marriage if we stay seperate will it be shown anywhere in indian marriages law database /Mahrastra database as our marraige was registered in temple(coz that temple is registered for marraiges) ?

2. Cant we stay seperate with mututal agreement as we will not come in each others life in future with out legal divorce notice?

3. If marriage happens in Maharsatra registred temple then is it possible to search by any other public who knows bride and grooms name and Aadhar details or will it be shown when they go to register a  second marriage without taking divorce from first marriage?

Waiting for reply


Reeya Singh




 10 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 September 2017

Hi, in my opinion, regardless that the temple offered you a marriage certificate, if the ceremonies performed in the temple were (assuming you are Hindu,) as per the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act, (Section 7; Essential ceremonies,) the marriage will be valid in the eyes of law and the option of remarriage will only be available once you have put a lawful cease to the existence of this marriage by means of divorce/annulment, lest you risk the offence of bigamy. However, if the marriage wasn't in accord with the provisions of either Hindu Marriage Act, Special Marriage Act etc and so on, it will be considered void.

Reeya Singh   07 September 2017


Marriage happened as per Hindu MArriage Act. Is their any way where we both can sign a bond issued by court / something else other than filing a case in court for divorce and get seperate legally?


pankaj verma   07 September 2017

vary sad....but now u both r husband and wife.... you HV to wait at least one year. for legal divorce.. from court there is no other procedure.. in whole India for divorce.. aap dono ager divorce chahte ho to mutual divorce petition file kro 6 -7 months me apko devorce mil jayega.....9816374011

Reeya Singh   07 September 2017

Please can someone share ur responses/thoughts for my other queries too?

R Trivedi (     07 September 2017

It's between two of can stay separately, no one can stop you.

R Trivedi (     07 September 2017

Now are you asking if you get married to someone else in future??

Reeya Singh   08 September 2017

R Trivedi (     08 September 2017

How old are you? And did your parents teach you basic manners?

Reeya Singh   08 September 2017

Mr. R Trivedi 

If you know the answer to my queries then do reply else please keep quite instead of finding whether someones parents taught them basic manners or not.

R Trivedi (     09 September 2017

See how ill mannered your reaction is? You deleted your offending and unacceptable post too. Now suppose you get married again and someone questions you about this preexisting undivorced marriage, how would you react and delete that?? So do not write or even think of a new marriage story, without deleting existing one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register