LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shraddha Toppo   25 July 2020

Company contradicting the offer letter.

If I have been offered a different team and post in my offer letter and my company is making me work on a different team, can I sue them? It was not the case that they did it on the basis of my performance, it was since the very first day of my joining. After a few days, when I approached them they said that currently there is no such requirement in that team. 

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 July 2020

1. AS long as you are engaged by Company for a particular designation or work, the employee does not have ANY right to work for any "team or dept" and the Co. has absolute legal discretion to post its employee in any team or dept., as long as your designated work remains the same.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 July 2020

If you have entered into any agreement with your employer, please go through such conditions of employment, and every employer specifically incorporates a clause in such agreement that the employee must be willing to undertake any work he is entrusted with..  Find the alternate source of employment first, get relieved then think of other plans, if really they are worth considering.  Estimate your competencies in fighting against a mighty organization and final outcome if events do not have to happen as you think.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 July 2020

Does the alleged contradiction has led to any ijury in the legal sense?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 July 2020

How it is affecting your appointment / service ?

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     30 July 2020

Let us know which is the clause or the clauses in the accepted appointment letter or the engagement document which you feel contradicts the terms of service?

Regards

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     29 August 2020

Did the company give any convincing repy/statement for having offered such offer? And why dropped the same.The intention at least whether was in your best.interest?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register