Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Correction of wrong survey number in sale deed

Hi All,

We bought a property in 1990 in Chennai. The issue is that, a wrong survey number was entered in the sale deed. Now all the other details, address, names of parties involved, paimash numbers etc are correct.

We also have patta with the correct survey number, aknowledgement from tasihldar highlighting the correct survey number for the address. Now we want to find the original owner, and do a rectification deed.

1. What is the stamp duty applicable? Will it be a nominal amount or is the based on the current guideline value. Naturally, the amount we will pay is going to be very since property values are on a different scale. 

2. Will a self declaration deed be sufficient instead of rectification deed. 

Going by the following link, we need not pay a huge stamp duty, but is ti valid?




Deeraj payment of stamp duty is depend up on state law.

In maharashtra no stamp duty is applicable for rectification deed.

since wrong survery no is in document then it is essential to do rectification of said mistake. Hence no self declaration is require to prove it.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile.



Duty is state subject.

SRO can update you.

Your own able counsel can help you.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x