Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashley Anthony (Sr Associate Operations)     13 June 2012

Delay in gratuity settlement

Dear Sir

I have recently quit from my job after 7& 1/2 years of service. 3rd May was my last working day and I duly filled up the Gratuity form on 3rd itself. I was told by the HR that my full and final settlement would take 45 days. I assumed this would include the Gratuity as well. Now when I asked the HR to confirm payments they say ''(Our understanding with the CnB team is that the gratuity processing begins post the FnF, which is 45 days from the last working day. There is a set procedure that the extraction of the money needs to go through and I would not recommend that the Employee base any planning for his financial needs on this for at least the next 3 months))'' I do not agree with this. Please could you confirm if the employer is doing right as it should not take more than 30 days as per the Act of 1972, How do I go about claiming my benefit at the earliest. Do I have to register a case?
Please Help

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 June 2012

An employee who is eligible for payment of gratuity under the Act,  or any person authorised, in writing, to act on his behalf, shall apply, ordinarily within 30 days from the date the gratuity became payable, in Form-I to the employer. Where the date of superannuation or retirement of an employee is known,the employee may apply to the employer before 30 days  of the date of superannuation or retirement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register