Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Assistant)     06 September 2011

Defamation act

Dear all,

I am staying in Pune in co operative housing society.  The flat is in the name of my father and he is a registered member.  We have a joint family.  Since my father is very old ( 75+) he cant take part in society matters.  Then I approched the said co op housing society to demand the copies of books, accounts, proceding book etc. The society people ignore the same and hence I approch through RTI.  Under the RTI, the committee members compell to give me the required documents.  I  worked in HOme Department ( in Maharashtra State) and Income Tax Office ( under Min of Fin) quite long back. ( i.e. in 1994 to 2004)

However,  in 2010, the said co op hsg chairman and secretary sends a compliant to police station stating that I threatened the society members, I will raid there homes and will file false cases against the committee members. I am using the office stationary, using office e mails, using office printer to send complaint against committee members to corporation ( Pune Munici Corp) , Registrar Office and in this way I am harrasing these officials etc etc. On the complaint, police enquire to me and nothing was revelaed as I never used my position rather I am at a very lower cadre employee.

Can I file a defation suite aganist these peoples? Is there any time limit to file such a case? Or is there any other mean to fight such peoples?

Please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

jayant (legal)     06 September 2011

Dear Mr.Shaliesh,

Yes, you can file a defamation case. But before to file a defamation case kindly collect the copy of all documents which your society Chairman and other memebers file towards police station.

Shailesh (Assistant)     07 September 2011

Thanks Mr. Jayant. But Can I file a case even after one year? Cause the society files complaint on society letter head in June 2010. Is there any time limit to file such case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register