LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHILPI GHOSHAL (LLB)     06 January 2014

Family law

My husband is a Phd scholar from a renowned institute and he has plan to do post doctorate from foreign . hardly we got married for 2 years and I donot know him well  . He says that to purse this post doc he will go alone because of economic reasons and other factors,leaving me alone in my father's house in INDIA.At the same time he is promising me to send money from there .Few days back I asked him what time does post doc take to complete ,he says that he is not sure about it ,it may  take 2 years or more. My point is that if my husband goes to foreign country leaving me here in INDIA and suddenly changes his mind  ,any problem arises in future and breaks all the vows,then what legal action can i take against  him and whom should i approach? kindly answer my question.

Learning

2 Replies

Northern Queen (Manager)     06 January 2014

You don't know your husband well after 2 years of marriage?  

Northern Queen (Manager)     07 January 2014

I'm very surprised, that after nearly 2 years of marriage you state that you hardly know your husband.  

You should be supporting your husband.  Not thinking of ways of how to press legal charges on him for desertion etc.  He is undertaking a Post Doc to secure a better future for both of you - sometimes we have to grab these opportunities when we can, and he has obviously given this a great deal of thought and sacrifice.  Post Doc usually lasts for 1 - 2 years and the rewards will give you and your husband many more options and a better standard of living. Personally I can't see anything wrong with that.  

You sound like you could be a possible future 498a troll wife - please don't even think of this.  If you are, or an Advocate advises you to do then be warned, just prepare yourself for years of running around in the courts because your life will be very bleak afterwards.  The Advocate will get more of your husbands money than you will and no man will touch you with a barge pole afterwards because you will have the 498a tag.  That's like having leprosy these days!!!

Just be happy with his decision.  Get to know your husband and support and love him.  All will be well.

Peace and love to you.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register