Company not paying the salary arrears

Dear Experts,

I started working with a company in the Sci-Comm industry on 9th July 2018. I worked there for almost two years - ie. till 30th August 2020. Things were smooth until Covid hit us. The company told all the employees that the salaries will be paid after a few months since Covid did not allow the company to keep paying the salaries then (however, we were working online during the Covid and company had clients. May be a little less, but still they had clients) Now, when I left in August, I had not got money from Jan to August. Against this tenure only 21000 were paid in different months.

Also, I was made a Senior Educator in January, but no paper work was done then as the company kept saying that you will recv increased salary, we will change the designation later in your relieving letter (Which they did). I only have a few chats with my frinds where I informed them that I had been made a senior in the company and they asked for celebrations and all that. (Is that evidence?) Now, how should I best proceed to bring the company to pay me. It has been almost 8 months since I left the company. It has been distressing.

They have not been replying to the mails.


If you were having PF or any other government facility registered by your company than or otherwise as well you can approach labour officer of state for the same. they will guide you with the procedure and set a time frame for payments

Total likes : 1 times


send them a legal notice through advocate

any further query contact me
on 7977156926

Thanks and Regards
Adv. Deepak Patel

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks for the reply Adv. Deepak Patel and Mr. Joshi. 

May I know how long such proceedings take usually? 

Also, chats with my friends regarding the promotion can be used as evidence? 

Also, how can I create pressure on the company to pay up?



A properly drafted legal notice after getting all the case details would serve the purpose.
Legal notice charge would be applicable.

Adv Sachin Sharma

Total likes : 1 times


Yes there is a legal procedure for that.But at first to reach the goal we need documents as for the purpose of evidence.Documents like intent letter and any other document which can prove that you are working for that company.Your salary slips and any other type of legal document.


The company has to pay your unpaid dues. Send legal notice to the company and demand your dues. Later on, you may approach the labour court and file a case against the company. It may take around one year to decide the case.


Thanks, Mr. Panwar. 

Any comment on chats being used as evidence? 

I informed my friends about the promotion when it happened. Can that be given in court to show that the promotion was effectuated at that point in time?  Else why would someone be celebrating?

Also, in the notice, what all sections will be attrcated? 


send them a legal notice firstly through an advocate

thanks and regards
Adv.Aditya Jain

send them a legal notice.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x