LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

community certificate for PreKG admission

Page no : 2

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     22 February 2010

To obtain community certificate only 3 documents are essential.

1. Birth certificate of child to show that it is your child and born on so and so date and place.

2. Your community certificate to show that you belong to this community and consequetly you child will belond by birth.

3. Family card (Ration Card) to show that you are resident of the area under the taluk office.

Other documents are supplementary and can added if available.

The demand of taluk office is illegal.

File an application  under the RTI asking for required documents to obtain community certificate of a child and also ask them to quote relevant provision under which they are asking.


Take the matter to RDO, DRo or collector.


Vadamarajan.B (Software Engineer)     23 February 2010

Thanks a lot for the Calrification Sir.

Can you pls. give me some details on RTI as I have not put any application till date for RTI.

1. For this Who should I send the RTI.

2. Format of the RTI Application.

3. Is there any Fees to be paid for this.

4. Should I send it in Post or In Person.

Thanks in advance.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     23 February 2010

1. For this Who should I send the RTI.

To the Information officer. Tahsildar of  concerned Taluk.

2. Format of the RTI Application.

It is available in net

3. Is there any Fees to be paid for this.

To be affixed as Court fee stamp Rs. 20/-

4. Should I send it in Post or In Person.

By post.


These are basic informations and available in abundant in net. You can browse and get it.

princeravi (Software)     12 January 2011

I belong to FC/OC caste. I would like to know if i need to have community certificate on my child's name

Since some school ask for community certificate, just wanted to confirm.

Can someone please help me on this?

Narendran N (PM)     08 February 2011

Hi Ramesh...

Your information are really helpful.

I have the below query:

I belong to MBC category, can I get a community certificate for my younger daugter, who is a US citizen.

Myself, my wife and my elder daughter are Indian citizens and hold MBC community certificate.

Plz. provide the info, and the necessary process.

Thanks and Regards,

N. Narendran

Siva (Testing Engineer)     21 March 2011



I am Siva, living in velachery, chennai. I am about to apply for community certificate for my 1.6 year daughter. I have 3 questions regarding it.

1) Can I apply for my wife's community for my daughter (ours is an inter-caste marriage)?

2) I do not have ration card (it is mentioned as 5th item in the application form) but I can provide SBI bank passbook or telephone bill for address proof. Can I use bank passbook or telephone bill instead of ration card?

3) Where do I need to submit the community certificate application form?




Samraj (Consultant)     19 April 2011

I have same issue, my VAO is not accepting my application with out my School leaving certificate for my kids Community certificate

1. If I dont need to pass un due caste based reservation to my kid, why do schools ask for mandatory community certificates?

2. if parent has ration card, kid's birth certificate and comunity certificates of parents, why School TC is insisted?

3. How parent will have bonefide school TC if he graduated ( UG as well as PG)

though these are logical my VAO not reddy to listen, can you suggest me way out (with out bribing)


Karupps (Manager)     13 February 2012

Thanks a lot for your information Sir.


It is very much useful. In my case also school is asking community certificate. I am not sure why they made as mandatory.




guru (Software engineer)     14 September 2012

Dear sir, 

My caste is DNC, I have successfully obtained a community certificate for my child. They have issued the community certificate written in Tamil(usually they give in english). But i need it to be written in english. I insisted them to change it in english but they are not doing so.
My kid name is அருள்மொழி when translated in english it becomes Arulmozhi. But i need the name to be printed as ARULMOLI(as per the birth certificate). This will become a confusion in my childs school certificates in future(they may make spelling mistakes).

How to change my child birth certificate from Tamil to English. Is there any possiblity to change it? 

One of my friend advised me to apply for a new community certificate is it legal to obtain a new certificate when the old one is there? 

Please advice me ASAP. 

With thanks 
Madurai, TN

soma sundaran pillai (manager industrial relations)     05 November 2013


My self was born up and brought up at Pune (Maharashtra), married at Chennai in 2000 . My wife belongs to Chennai.

Now my daughter who is in fourth standard equires community / caste certificate , she is studying in fourth standard..

My permanent address is at Perumbakkam, near Sholinganallur .

I dont have any school / college transfer certificate to prove my community/ caste, nor my wife does have it.

Both are educated and have pan card and ration card.

Request your advise me the procedure to receive the community certificate / caste certificate for my daughter and documents to be submitted in absence of school transfer certificate.

With Regards,

Soma Sundaran Pillai

Mobile 9712910430







T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2013

You have to make an application in writing addressed to Tahsildar of your jurisdiction giving entire details about you, your background, community, religion and any other relevant details as required, submit it to the o/o Tahsildar, pay necessary fee for the purpose as per the direction by the office, pursue the case meticulously through VAO, Revenue Inspector and then the Tahsildar.  There are lot of other requirements required to be complied by you which you will be let known once you flung into action. All the best.

Mariappan   07 August 2015

Dear Sir,

I'm planning to apply Community Certificate for my 3 Year old baby. I've a community certificate with spell error on my name. Instead of "Mariappan" they have mentioned "Maryiappan".

Does this will create any problem while applying community certificate for my kid?

Note: My spouse records are clear (Birth certificate / Address Proof / Community Certificate etc...)

Please suggest me how to proceed....

anbarasan   27 April 2016

Respected sir, Hello sir my elder brother need community certificate for his child to join in pre-kg but he is not having community certificate and school certificates he is un educated can I use my caste certificate and school certificates for my brothers child to get caste certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query