Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chargesheeted in 498a, But...

Page no : 2

Samip (Lawyer)     10 July 2008

Mr. It is very normal that you are not aware about the filing of the chargesheet against you because you live inanother state.  But there is nothing to worry about it.  The court might have or would issue summons to you at your residennce or whichever address you have provided at the time of getting bail from the court when the offence was registered and you might have been arrested.  It you have never been arrested so far, you can either get an anticipatory bail from the concerned District Court.. 

if you are already bailed out, and if you have come to know that chargesheet has been filed, you can wait till the summons is served on you. once the summons is served on you, you shold go to the court and get the copy of the chargesheet filed against you through your lawyer. 

You can challenge the chargesheet inthe High Court of the state where the charge sheet is filed, if yoiu find that there is no proof agasint you in the said chargesheet. 

If you wont appear before the court even if you recieve the summons, or if you avoid it, then court can issue warrant against you which would be either bailable or non-bailable. .

And as far as your father-in-law's influence on the court is concerned, rest assured that the courts of India work withoiut any fear or fever and if you find any malafide action agaisnt you by the police authorities who should surve you the summons if issued by the court to you on time, you can complain to the court after you appear in the court through your lawyer.

I hope the information is useful to you.

Samipkumar Oza,

Advocate,

Gujarat High Court

bharati (Law student)     25 December 2008

Mr deepak I have to agree with victim. I was surprosed by your facile suggestion to compromise because you suggested that Indian courts will not give justice so compromise.

you may be right that it is practicle to compromise . Is it becuase in India justice for a husband is too costly in emotional and financial terms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register