Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Change in notice period without informing employee

Page no : 2

azhan ahmad   12 September 2016

You are in which state? company is in Gurgaon

Since how many months you are working? since Feb 2014.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 September 2016

Who has signed the appointment letter::: say MD?

Who has sent email for change in notice period on 9th Sept making it applicable w.e.f. 1st Sept::: say HR personnel?

Download such notice.-- downloaded

Are you under probation of confirmed?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

Did you have any power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate? Can anyone cancel/change/amend your recommendations?

What is your monthly salary?

Does standing orders ( Model/Certified) apply to establishment/your designation? If yes are these certified?

Your post stating that: "In the same offer letter they have also written "Any amendments or modification to this appointment letter shall be made in writting through email or letter to you".'

is seen and noted.

Appointment letter was signed by Manager, Recruitment

Email sent by Hr Team regarding changes

You may reply pointwise, to rest of the points.

Did you have any power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate? Can anyone cancel/change/amend your recommendations?
Ans - No, I do not have any Mangerial Power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate.  I am just an Associate Technical Support

What is your monthly salary?

Ans. Salary in hand is below Rs. 30000

Does standing orders ( Model/Certified) apply to establishment/your designation? If yes are these certified?

Ans, I am not sure about this question.

Ans, Confirmed/permanent.

Technical support officer III, Technical customer support

Are you sure that your next employer shall absorb you on the strength of just copy of notice and final resignation?

And it shall not demand service certificate,relieving letter?

Would it conduct BGV?

Are you sure that current employer won't post adverse comments in BGV and declare you absconding?

Are you confident that next employer shall absorb you  despite adverse comments/negative verification (if any) by current employer?

Are you confident that current employer shall issue service certificate,relieving letter {(with good comments)  ::::: avoid without comments/with adverse comments } the acceptance of resignation, correct FnF statement, Form16 as per correct FnF statement, PF a/c statements of each year,ESIC Card,handover of charge,NOC/NDC, saalry slips of all months etc etc........ 

Elaborate: '

"Technical support officer III, Technical customer support"

What exactly do you do, on rcord, in practise?

How many persons report to you and what is such report?

Does it involve any decision making process, by you?

Your post stating that;

"Ans - No, I do not have any Mangerial Power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate.  I am just an Associate Technical Support'

is seen and noted!

You need to ask around and confirm on :

"Does standing orders ( Model/Certified) apply to establishment/your designation? If yes are these certified?

Ans, I am not sure about this question."

And/or has your employer/trade of your employer been exempted from standing orders?

You may reply pointwise, to rest of the points.

We are almost done.

Post your reply we may reach near to what are the options!

Does your industry as per its actvities part of ITeS?

Are you a member of employee's/trade unions?

1. Are you sure that your next employer shall absorb you on the strength of just copy of notice and final resignation?

Ans 1. No in my industry, relieving letter will be required to prove my past experience or email from My Supervisor will be required in that email working tenure should be mentioned f=date of joining and date of relieving.

2. And it shall not demand service certificate,relieving letter?

Ans 2.They will demand relieving letter.

3.Would it conduct BGV?

Ans 3. They will conduct Back ground verification.

4. Are you sure that current employer won't post adverse comments in BGV and declare you absconding?

Ans 4. In meeting with Senior HR Manager, I clearly told her that I am ready for the consequences even for termination, but I will not bow my head with these illegal changes. And I will serve only 30 days notice.

As per new rules, less than 60 days notice service will lead to JOB Abandonment. 

New Rule "Clause no.4 (b) & (c) of your appointment letters is being revised with effect from September 1, 2016 to the following: 1) Probation, Confirmation, Termination and Retirement
b ) During the Probation Period, you can terminate your employment by giving Convergys sixty (60) days advance notice in writing. However, it is clarified that during the Probation period, Convergys reserves the right to discharge/ terminate your employment without notice and / or without assigning any reason. Programs which have a notice period of ninety (90) days will continue to remain as is.
c ) After completion of the Probation Period or any extension thereof and thereafter, your services shall be terminable by either party (either yourself or Convergys), by providing the other party sixty (60) days advance notice in writing or payment of sixty (60) days gross salary in"

5. Are you confident that next employer shall absorb you  despite adverse comments/negative verification (if any) by current employer?

Ans 5. I dont care. Self respect is everything for me.

6. Are you connfident that current employer shall issue service certificate,relieving letter {(with good comments)  ::::: avoid without comments/with adverse comments } the acceptance of resignation, correct FnF statement, Form16 as per correct FnF statement, PF a/c statements of each year,ESIC Card,handover of charge,NOC/NDC, saalry slips of all months etc etc........ 

Elaborate: '

Ans 6. In the letter which states that 60 days notice period it also has my Appraisal letter which states "We are pleased to inform you thay your average rating for the performance period April 2015 – March 2016 is ‘Exceeds Expectations’."

I do not care what feedback  they will give me. All I care is about my RIGHTS. Regarding salary slip, appraisal letter- I have already download from company portal.

7. "Technical support officer III, Technical customer support"

What exactly do you do, on rcord, in practise?

Ans. 7. I used to troubleshoot US customers TV, Internet and Phone, it is like a customer service e, g. When you call in your Phone provider regarding network issues you interact with than an Agent of that company.

I am working as that "Agent"

8. How many persons report to you and what is such report?

Ans 8. No one report to me.

9. Does it involve any decision making process, by you?

Ans 9. No, I am not involved in any decision making, as I am just an Agent. Decision is made by above My Supervisor and their Supervisors, Manager.

I am the last member of this Hierarchy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More