Decode Ballistic Reports Like a Pro. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha Saxena   04 October 2026

Builder deducting 70k on booking amount even on miscommitment from their end

Subject: Can a builder deduct ₹70,000 from booking amount when no Agreement for Sale has been executed?

I booked a flat in Nikoo Homes and paid a booking amount. The booking form mentioned a deduction of ₹50,000 + GST in case of cancellation.

However, no Agreement for Sale has been executed or even initiated between me and the builder so far.

A dispute has now arisen regarding channel-partner tagging, because of which I am being asked to cancel the booking. The builder is asking me to submit a cancellation form and has informed me that ₹70,000 will be deducted from my booking amount, with the balance being refunded.

My questions are:

1. Since no Agreement for Sale has been executed, can the builder legally retain/deduct ₹70,000 from the booking amount?
2. Is the builder bound only by the terms specifically mentioned in the booking form (₹50,000 + GST), or can it impose a higher deduction of ₹70,000?
3. Does the fact that the cancellation is arising from a channel-partner/tagging dispute affect my right to a full refund?
4. Can I refuse to sign the builder’s cancellation form if I disagree with the proposed deduction?
5. Would this matter be appropriate for a Karnataka RERA complaint, and what relief can I seek—refund of the entire booking amount, interest, and/or compensation?
6. What documents/evidence should I preserve before submitting the cancellation request or approaching RERA?

I would particularly like advice based on Karnataka RERA/Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act provisions and relevant Karnataka RERA/consumer-court decisions. Please see I am a working mother of a kid.


 0 Replies


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register