LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema   12 July 2017

Change in business model

When I register an existing proprietorship firm as "Partnership Firm" where all should I submit forms indicating this change in business model

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Registrar of partnership firms, of ur region.

1 Like

Arjun Kohli   12 July 2017

I believe you will have to follow the concept of creating a Partnership firm under the Partnership Act, 1932, since the Partnership is coming into the existence for the first time.

1. A Partnership deed as per the Act will have to be executed between the members (atleast 2) of the said firm. It should  include the relevant details of the conversion from propreitorship to partnership and the necessary details of a partnership like capital, etc.Relevant dates should also be included.
    Specific details about the existing propreitorship may also be included such as various registration/license no.
  2. Registration of this Deed in accordance with the Act.
  3. You'll have to contact the relevant Tax departments and other Economic Departments wherever your propreitorship is registered and apply with necessary forms for such change.
  4. A new application for a PAN number will also have to be filed with the Income Tax Department.
1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 July 2017

Partnership firm is the only type of business entity that can have multiple promoters and be unregistered. There is no legal requirement to register a partnership deed between Partners. However, if required, a partnership deed can be registered with Registrar of Firms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register