LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul   13 October 2017

Car theft case under 406. insurance company denied to pay


My car is stolen from parking. While parking we have to hand over the keys to parking person. 

The parking person handed over the keys to some other person with out checking the receipt. i still have that receipt. He was in jail but got bailed from High court. Insurance company said that Your car was under NOIDA AUTHORITY PARKING so they have to pay and they rejected the claim.

FIR is under 406.

its been 6 months and i didn't get any proper solution.

Pleas help and advice.


 5 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     13 October 2017

File the suit for recovery of the value of the car and also damages against Noida Authority, car parking owner and also insurance company.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 October 2017

Procedure to make a smart claim.
  • File an FIR. When you discover the theft of your car, your first reaction is to head to the relevant police station and lodge a complaint. ...
  • Inform your Insurer. ...
  • Inform the RTO. ...
  • Collect all the documents in this list. ...
  • Get the no-trace report.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Lodge police complaint with local police station of car theft. You can claim from Insurance co. the claim amount and you can also file claim against parking authority.

1 Like

rahul   13 October 2017

HI Sidharth,

Where i should file in consumer court or CGM count?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Suit is the jurisdiction of civil court. Why donot you consult a good lawyer ? Consult a lawyer and go with his advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register