Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mathav (IT Consultant)     21 October 2012

Cancelling general poa, joint development agreement

Hello,

I have booked an apartment in bangalore, The apartment is constructed by the Builder under Joint Development Agreement(JDA) with the Landowners.  The Landowners executed a JDA in favour of the Builder, and the JDA is registered in Bangalore sub-registrar office, on 15-Dec-2010. Also, the Landowners have executed general Power of Attorney in favour of the builder, to develop the land, construct apartments and sell 60% of the undivided right, title and interest in the land apart from the constructions made thereon. The GPA is registered in sub-registrar office on 15-Dec-2010.

The Builder have prepared the plan and got necessary approval from karnataka government bodies, to start construction of the apartment.

The builder has built the apartment as A, B blocks as per the plan. The builder share of the apartment (from both A, B block) is completely sold out. Almost 90% of the people who bought the flat took loan from banks ( including SBI, LIC Housing). All the people who bought the flats have paid atleast 80% of their flat cost. 

'A' block of the apartment (having 55% of the total flats) is fully completed and few people have done the registration of sale deed.

B-Block works are 90% over.

Now, the landowners are raising a concern on quality of the construction. And the landowners have served a notice to builder claiming they cancelled the GPA. However, GPA revocation deed is not yet filed in sub-registrar office. And the JDA is not yet cancelled.

Is the cancelling of GPA valid.?

We have booked flats from builder's share. After cancelling the GPA , does the builder has right to execute the sale deed for our flats?

Whether the Sale deed registration happend, before cancellation of the GPA is valid?

We have paid minimum 80% of our flat cost, can the landowner deny us possesion of our flats.

We are clueless, on what to do next, and how do we get our flat completed.  Pls help.

Learning

5 Replies

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     21 October 2012

1) Such POA sare generally made irrevocable. The POA copy is needed to be seen.

2) You can not be deprived of ownership of your flat for which you have already paid.

3) Registration of sale deed before cancellation of GPA is valid but not valid after its cancellation. But it will be extremely difficult for the landowners to cancel the GPA in its totality if the developers contest it properly.

4) Please be alert as it might be a got up game between the Developer & the land owners  to cancel the GPA & return your money paid to sell the flats at much higher price for which you should collectively approach the local Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum right now against the developer & the landowners,  alleging deficiency in services & unfair trade practice, demanding registration of the flat, damages & cost.

Karthik (Manager)     25 December 2012

Hello Sir

I have also booked the Flat in the same apartment and i have not registered the Flat . Developer is asking us to registered the Apartment . Please advise  

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     25 December 2012

Get it registered immediately if you have already taken possession of it.

Ramesh Ram (Technical lead)     01 November 2014

Hello

I am suppose to buy a Apartment in chennai which is 80 % completed , for which i have provided a token advance of 1 lakh to builder and got receipt and before entering the other process i got all the documents from builders and went for legal verification.

In which he provided all the documents but except the Joint development agreement between the land owner and builder and when questioned for it, he is asking why that is required.

I request  sale deed draft and construction agreement draft from builder and  builder provided it .

In sale deed i am purchasing a sum amount of UDS only and in construction agreement find no way relation to builder and land owner , it is only myself and the builder.

After which i went to LIC for legal to get clarified with it, 

The builder ask us to get two cheque from the LIC, one for sale and another for construction.

I am little bit confused, first i would like to justify the builder why the JDA is required. and i would like to know what are the probable  problem happen when the JDA is not available.?

History of the builder : A land is solely bought by a lady with her savings and she has given a power to a agent and his own son to sell the land and to do what ever is required.

The land holds 5 apartment for which they have approval from Chennai corporation and the patta is register with the lady.

Is it possible to register a POA with out JDA.

My Advocate say the JDA is required without reading the sale deed and construction draft.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Ram

gyanendra   26 July 2016

Hello Sir/Madam,
I entered into a JDA with a builder in Ranchi about 3 yrs ago and we agreed upon the terms that the builder would complete the construction of the apartment in my land in about 2.5 yrs.
The builder has not started the work and arguing on the below mentioned point written in the agreement:
>The period of completion of said building shall be two yrs FROM THE DATE OF SANCTION OF PLAN MAP with grace period of 6 months.(as per builder plan map is not yet sanctioned).

Pls guide me how to come out of JDA.

gyanendra mishra

gyanendra88@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register