Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can society enforce me to stick the parking sticker on my car?

My society has given me the car sticker but the issue is it has flat name and flat number mentioned which I think is breach to the privacy as I will be exposing my house address to everyone wherever I will go.
I keep the sticker with me in car and whenever the society security stops me I show them the stickers. But now they are enforcing me to stick on the car.
I don't want to stick first due to it has flat number and society name which is violation of privacy and 2nd I am a tenant so if I change the flat I need to remove the sticker which will damage my windscreen as i have sunfilm applied. 
Society enforcing me to stick the sticker, they are not fine with showing them the stickers when required. They are saying they will lock my vehicle in my parking and later they will not even allow my car to go inside.

Do I have any legal rights to challenge this  if they dont allow me inside ?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 December 2023

If the bylaws are frmed for compliance by all members, then one cannot object or refuse to obey the bylaws citing his own personal reasons.

This would be a disobedience of law, hence you may try to sort it out with the MC members of the society instead of quarelling and developing  it a big issue. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     05 December 2023

Same story repeated today itself.

Even otherwise no legal aspect is involved in the facts of the case.

However, you may leave this house /flat if you have some serious objection to Society

or

Consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for professional advise.

SAM (LEGAL)     05 December 2023

Yes society can enforce you to stick the parking sticker on your car as you have to follow the bylaws which are formed for compliance by all members. You are not member/flat owner in the society then it is mandatory on you to stick parking sticker on your car.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register