Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naren Bhalerao (Executive)     21 May 2014

Can i use pl instead of serving notice period???

Dear Experts,

I am working in a company since past 3 years , I just submitted my resignation letter on 19th May my notice period is 60 days and I have 50 PL remaining , I can serve notice period till 27th June i.e.38 days , it means 22 days short .

Can I use PL instead of serving notice period??

As I enquired about PL benefits HR told me that I will get paid on Basic salary but If i didn't serve the notice period they will deduct the from my Gross salary.

Kindly let me can I have any alternate solution as my joining date in next organization is 30 June.

Regards,
Naren

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2014

What is this company/establishment registered as: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?

It should have displayed its registration Certificate at a conspicuous place e.g near entrance/on notice board!

What is its trade e.g. IT, banking, Insurance etc……………

How many employees are employed in it?           

What was your designation in offer letter, appointment letter and nature of duties? 

You are located in which state?

Redg. office of the company is located in which state?

Did you mention notice period tendered by you/effective date of resignation in notice of resignation?

Have you obtained acknowledgment of notice?       

Has the HR agreed for and has accepted the short notice in writing?

Get the written acknowledgment and acceptance?

Is it stated in appointment letter, HR policy, Exit policy etc that PL/annual leave etc can be adjusted against notice period?

Do you have copy of HR policy, Service rules and regulations of the establishment? Usually it is stated in appointment letter that service conditions/employment shall be governed by HR policy, Service rules and regulations of the establishment.

This info shall help hence post it. 

The Number of leaves, rate of wages for leave is as per enactments applicable to the establishment.

The leave policy of the company can not offer benefits inferior to the provisions in enactments applicable to it.  

The leave policy of the company can  offer benefits superior  to the provisions in enactments applicable to it.  

The notice period is not dependent on T&C mentioned in appointment letter alone.The 60 days notice period may not be           necessarily  applicable in our case even if it is inserted in your appointment letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register